•24•

Holly's POV:

I looked around at the people in the room. Every single one of these people mean the world to me.
I had to get changed though everyone was in party outfits meanwhile I was in my apron from work.

"I'm gonna go and get changed" I said to Tom smiling. "Okay" he said smiling back at me.

I walked up the stairs and looked at everything I had. Nothing was actually party like. Then it hit me all of my party clothes where in the house across the street. I started to head downstairs and Tom gave me a confused look.

"Thought you were getting changed" he asked
"I am I just remembered there's something at my old house I need. So I'm gonna go and get it quickly"
He shot me a worried look knowing what happened the last time I was in the house.
"Want me to come with you" he asked but I shook my head.
"I'll be fine" I said. This time I felt sure. Sure that I would be okay, sure that everything my father had ever done to me in that house wouldn't come back and hit me.

I walked out of the door and through the door of my old house. I looked around the place. I hated this place. I hated how just being in it brought everything back, but I was determined not to let it get to me this time. This time I would outrun it.

I walked up the stairs and into my room. The room I spent most nights crying in when I lived here. As I raided through my wardrobe for the dress, I finally found it.
I decided that I may as well get ready here sene as everything was here anyways.

40 mins later:

I finally finished getting ready when I heard a knock on my bedroom door. I knew it was Tom immediately. "Holly it's me are you okay" he asked worriedly
"Yeah I'm fine I'm just getting ready" I said walking towards the door. I opened the door and watched his jaw drop.
"Holly you look gorgeous" he said making me smile.

The outfit

I looked back at him in awe as he just stared

"Okay let's go we've got a party to go to" he said laughing.
I had this huge smile on my face, one that I knew wasn't leaving anytime soon.

I always said I had no happy memories in this house, but now I do; this one.

We walked back through the house and across to Tom's house. As we walked through the door, I looked past everyone for Haz. I finally found him. He spotted us too and made his way over.
"Wow Holly, you look incredible" he said smiling.  "Happy birthday" he said handing me a card. I went to open it but he stopped me. Open it later he said which made me smile. We talked for a while before I spotted Tom's Grandma. I immediately went over to say hello.

"Hiya, how are you" I said smiling as I wrapped my arms around Tom's grandma pulling her in for a hug. "I'm great thank you honey. How are you. You look a lot better" she said smiling. I was. I really was. Everything I thought I knew about family was gone. All of the toxic thoughts in my mind about how it's only defined by blood was gone too. Because standing here I could confidently say I've found my family. I've found the people who accept me when I don't even accept myself. The people who show me the path when I've lost my way. The people who look out for me at all costs.

"I am" I replied thinking about that. "Thank you so much for the get well card. I loved it" I said hugging her again. "And I love him too" I whispered in her ear smiling into the hug. She quickly stopped hugging me and looked at me. "I KNEW IT" she yelled as I laughed "you guys are destined to be together. The world doesn't just put two people like yous together for nothing" she said still shouting a little. "Shhh. Don't blow my cover" I said laughing as she too did. "I'm gonna go and say hello to some others, Love you" I said as I walked away. "I'm not the only one you love" she yelled back at me as I scrunched up my face.

She literally was another best friend to me, she acted and teased me the same way that Harrison and Tom did and I absolutely loved that about our relationship.

I spent the rest of the night dancing while also talking to everyone. It went in really quickly and before I knew it. It was just Tom and his family as well as Haz and I. I smiled "I had an amazing night" I said looking at my forever family. "I'm glad. I'm sure you've had better birthdays" Nikki said trying to be humble.
"Not really no. For the past 18 years my birthdays have consisted of being forgotten about completely, left in my room by myself and then also beaten to the point of blacking out" I said casually because it was for me. That was what was normal.

Tom clenched his fist which was beside me, so I put my hand on it stroking my thumb along his knuckle causing him to loosen up. He looked up at me smiling as I did the same. I loved him with all of my heart I just hoped he did too. "Well, I'm glad we could give you a good one this year" Dom said smiling.

"Yous have gave me everything I've ever wanted. You've gave me a place to call home, support and family. For the longest time I would cry at night wishing I had a better family when I'm reality it was in front of me all along" I said soulfully as Nikki wiped her tears. I quickly got up from my seat and wrapped her in a hug. "Thank you" I said as she hugged me tighter.