•20•

Holly's POV:
I genuinely didn't know how to respond to what Haz had just told me. Was he being serious or was he playing one of his stupid jokes. I ignored it and continued on with the day.

"My gran gave you a card, but gave me strict instructions not to read it" Tom said laughing. "I'll read that later then" I said the smile on my face growing. "Aw what?! I was hoping you would read it when I was here" he said to which I shook me head.
"You were given strict instructions Thomas"
"DO NOT START" he warned. He hated when we called him Thomas.
"Oh yeah or what, Thomas?" I said testing my luck.
"I will slap you!" He said laughing and Haz laughed too.

My heard rate sped up and the machines went crazy. I found myself gasping for breath as I remembered the last thing that happened to me before my coma. "Omg Holly I'm so sorry" I heard Tom say, realising what he just said. "Help" I heard Tom and Haz say.

That was the last thing I remember hearing before I was taken back to that day.

"Here's something to remember me by" my father said before slapping me with a force so strong that I fell to the ground. Everything escalated from there. I felt the pain again. I felt the fear. I felt my life flash before my eyes. A life I didn't want.

I opened my eyes again. Tom was sitting beside me, Haz wasn't there. I looked around the room in a daze. "I am so sorry Holly" he said burying his face in his hands.
"Hey" I said grabbing his hands. "It's okay. You're used to us having this kind of relationship where we say things like that. You only just found out. It's understandable" I said calming him down.

He looked down at his hands which were now being held tightly in mine. "Are you sure you're okay with this?" Tom asked looking once again at his hands. "Yeah. I'm not gonna let my dad take away anything good to ever happen to me. I'm not gonna let him strip away my happiness. THIS is my happiness" I said looking at Tom who now had a smile on his face.

"I love you, you know that right" I said smiling back.
"Yeah... I am pretty epic" he said laughing
"I love you too" he said making my smile bigger.

"Not to ruin the moment but I need a pee" I said laughing attempting to get up. Wincing in pain with every movement I made. Eventually I finally got up to my feet but was quickly connected with the floor. I fell crashing down, I felt my knees give way as I tried to stabilise myself. "Help please" I heard Tom say peaking his head out of the door.

Two nurses came and helped me up and to the bathroom. They had to help me. Which was absolutely MORTIFYING. They didn't care it was normal for them but it was incredibly embarrassing for me. They helped me to my bed again and then they left. A look of pure embarrassment showed on my face to which Tom laughed at.

Tom stayed for a while before I realised he was tired so I told him to go home and sleep. He had been here since 1AM only surviving off of 2 hours sleep. "Okay goodnight gorgeous" he said giving me a kiss on the forehead and leaving.

It was so quiet without anyone here. It was just strange. I felt like I had nothing to do. I tuned fo my side and remembered about the cards. I flicked through the pile and immediately spotted Tom's Grandma's one. I prepared myself for a fit of laughter opening it.

Dear Holly,
I've told Tom not to look at this so TOM IF YOU ARE, I ADVISE YOU TO CLOSE IT RIGHT NOW! but if not and it's just you Holly I just wanted to say. I am so sorry about what happened to you. Please get well soon.

If not for us then for Tom. He is a mess without you. He's been staying in the hospital by your side all day and night not going home at all. He doesn't know life without you, and that's not something he's willing to figure out. Everything he's ever done, ever accomplished he's done it with you by his side.

You are his everything. You are the light in his darkest times. You are his smile when happiness seems lost. You're his map when he's lost all sense of direction. He loves you. I just hope that you love him too.
With love,
Teressa AKA Tom's Gran

I closed the letter. A tear rolled down my face after reading it. I really do love him, more than you could imagine.

I flicked through the rest of them which mostly just consisted of get well soon and then that's it however there was a couple that had some actual writing on them. Like Haz' grandparents

To Holly,
When Harrison told us about what had happened we didn't believe him. I can't understand how someone could be so cruel especially to their own family.

You are as much a part of our family as Harrison is, you are always welcome. We honestly can't thank you enough for all you've done for us over the years, and what you've done for Harrison.

You came into Harrison's life at a time where he needed a boost. He needed happiness. You were that happiness and you still are, as is Tom. I just hope that he can be the same to you. I hope that he can help you out of this spot and find happiness. The happiness you deserve.

Lots of love,
Gran and Grandpa

I looked at the cards in awe. I loved how they referred to themselves as my grandma and grandpa. They made me feel welcome. I closed the cards putting them back on the table before falling asleep.