•16•

Harrison's POV:

It had been 3 weeks since the accident. Well, at least that's what everyone's referring to it as; this was no accident.

Holly still hadn't woke up, she was deep in a coma. The doctors tell us daily to talk to her, encourage her to pull through but it feels useless. Like she's blocking every glimmer of hope out. The only reason she is alive is because of the machines. The machines attached to her were doing everything for her, they were feeding her, watering her and even breathing for her. The only thing the machines weren't doing was holding her hand, but Tom was doing that.

He was there from as early as 5 AM until 1AM the next morning only going home for a little sleep and a shower. He lived off of hospital food, it was terrible but he didn't care. As long as it kept him there he ate it. Everytime I walked into that room, I saw Tom sitting there by her side. Like he had always been.

It was 10 AM and I too was heading over to the hospital to go and see Holly, I walked through the empty hospital wards heading to the critical care unit. "Hello, Harrison" I heard one of the nurses at the desk say, they now knew Mine and Tom's name due to us going to visit Holly everyday.

"You know, it's not a crime to have a day off. You've been here everyday" I heard one of the nurses say to Tom. I knew this wasn't going to end well.
"A day off?! Are you kidding? How can I have a day off. This isn't a chore. I HAVE to be here for Holly when she wakes up. It's not like she can have a day off from fighting to stay alive" he said a tear rolling down his face.
"You've been here everyday for 3 weeks, it's not healthy" the nurse said to which Tom responded with
"I know, but I want to be here. I need to be here. I've never lived a day without Holly by my side. I don't know life without her. And I'm not planning on finding out what it's like, so even if that means holding her hand while she's in a coma so be it. I'm still going to be here"

A tear rolled down my face. Tom was in every way destroyed. He was so focused on taking care of Holly and being there for her that he didn't care about himself. So if being there by Holly's side meant a total lack of sleep he didn't care. I watched Tom slowly fade away over the past 3 weeks, everything that ever meant anything to him disappearing apart from Holly.

I walked into the room and the nurse greeted me, as I sat yet another get well soon card that had been delivered to me on the table beside Holly. This one was one from my Grandparents. They both loved Holly. They were heart broken when they found out what happened (as was anyone) but them more. Holly had done so much for them over the years.
"Hi mate" I said sitting down in my usual spot next to Holly taking her hand. "Hi" he said tiredly. "God, I wish she would just wake up already" he said as I nodded in agreement. " I miss hearing her voice, I miss hearing her laugh" I said laughing recalling the sound of it. "I miss her being an absolute div" I said to which Tom laughed. "My number 1 div" he said smiling.
It was a real smile one I hadn't seen on Tom's face for a long time.
"I'm gonna go get some coffee, do you want some" he asked taking a long stretch
"Yeah sounds great mate. a caramel..."
"Macchiato, yeah I know. I've ordered your coffee for years" he said laughing

He walked out and I took Holly's hand back into my own "hi holly, my gran and grandpa got you a get well soon card. God, your probably gonna be so sick of those" i said laughing looking at all like 30 of the get well soon cards holly had received. "Man... i just wish you would wake up. It's nearly been a month. Holly. You have to pull through" i said taking a breath to think about what i was going to say next "i know i come here and tell you pretty much the same thing everyday but i mean it. I love you so so much. like unexplainable amounts"
"but as much as i love you, Tom loves you more. He doesn't just love you, he's in love with you" i said before finally stopping seeing that Tom was around the corner. "i don't even know if you can hear me, but the doctors are insisting that you can so if you've taken in anything. Then that is something i want you to remember, use that to pull though" i said letting go of her hand.

Tom's POV:

i walked back into the room seeing that Holly was in the same position as she had been for 3 weeks. I sighed handing Haz his coffee. "you alright mate" he said taking the hot coffee from my hands. "i.. i just hate seeing her like this. she's been in that exact position for 3 weeks" i said running my hand through my hair and flopping myself down on the chair beside her.
"i know, but we have to look on the bright side. She's breathing. She's still here" he said sipping his coffee.
"yeah but only because of those machines. They're breathing for her" i said sadly.
"It's her birthday next month.. her 18th. You're not supposed to spend your 18th birthday in a hospital. You're supposed to spend it getting absolutely hammered in night clubs. Spending the night dancing on the floor of the bar" I said as i took her hand again.
"she'll be up by then" Haz said unsure. We didn't know that. No one did.