•28•

Tom's POV:

"So....?" I said starting conversation with the beautiful girl that sat beside me.
"Yess?" She asked cutely looking up at me.
"Can I read those cards now" I finally asked the curiosity well and truly having taken over my brain.
"You don't like not knowing things do you?" Holly giggled as she looked at me.
Her smile was literally the most gorgeous thing in the world.

Think of happiness. The warmest and softest colours, corresponding perfectly with the background. That to me was Holly's smile. It brought me a sense of warmth knowing she was happy.

"No I don't" I said pecking her lips.
"Fineee. But DO NOT MAKE FUN OF THEM! I like them. They're cute" she said which only striked further curiosity mixed with concern now.

She got out of the comfortable position we were sitting in on the bed. Going to grab the letters out of the drawer. "Here you go" she said happily as she threw herself back into my arms.

As I read the letters, My heart melted. They knew me better than I knew myself. I always knew I had feelings for Holly but I always just sat them aside not wanting them to interfere with our friendship. I loved Holly for all of those years but did nothing about it because not only was the pain of the possibility of her rejecting me painful to think about. But the reality of our friendship becoming impaired was too risky.

Our friendship means the absolute world to me, she is everything to me; but as much as that is incredible. Our relationship means more. There's a sense of warmth that being wrapped in her arms didn't provide me back then. As well as that there is an undeniable spark that connects us together.

—————
The rest of the night was filled with reading and are-reading the letters along side cuddling. "You know. They were right. Every word was true. I do love you, more than words can explain. You're my everything" I said my heart completely taking over. Then the realisation hit. I said I loved her.

She looked back at me in awe, her face completely lit up. "I love you too" she said as she connected our lips together. She really was my everything. I would be so lost without her. This was it for me. She was my person. She was the girl I can see myself starting a family with. She is the girl I know I'm gonna grow old with. But most importantly she is the girl I hope feels the same about me too.

With her in my arms, I feel complete. I feel secure. I feel happy. She is and always will be my ray of sunshine.