Day 0

I don't exactly know what pushed me over the edge. Maybe it was the new scars on my arms, maybe it was the fact that my stepmother had hit me once again leaving me covered in bruises, maybe it was the fact that I had lost my job...or because it was the anniversary.

   Whatever it was it pushed me to the edge.

    The day started out as usual with me leaving the house for school in my usual get up; a big hoodie, a pair of black jean,scuffed docs and my book bag. It didn't matter what weather it was I always wore long sleeves, we could be living in hell and I'll still wear my long sleeves and on days when I was in a hurry the hoodie was an easy choice; on days like this.

    Like I said I didn't exactly know what pushed me over the edge because I've been standing on the edge for a long time now, but today it was going to be different,I was finally going to drop off the edge.

     Stuffing my earphones into my ears I walked into the school, head down low; it was the best way to get by unnoticed here. I won't say I hate school because here she can't reach me, but most days I don't want to go, because like every school there's a food chain; the hunter and the prey, not sure if it's classified as a food chain now that I've said that out loud.

   Anyway I'm not popular enough to be a hunter but definitely not a prey, in fact I'm a ghost. Most people will probably be able to identify me by my dressing but never by name or face and when you can't identify your meal, you can't hunt for it....at least that's my logic.

    Reaching my locker, I quickly grab the books I'll be needing for my first class when I feel a tap on my shoulder and I turn around to see my friend Elle smiling at me and I take out my earphones.

    "Hey." I greet giving her a small smile and she nods "How's your morning been?" She asks and I shrug "Same as always, what about you?" I ask shutting my locker and she groans as we start walking.

    "It's been sooo ugh. Like I don't understand why Ray must be so annoying.." she begins and as we pass her brother she flips him the finger must've really pissed her off I think but say nothing.

    Elle's brother Ray is a hunter, another reason I'm not really bothered by other hunters,not because I'm even an acquaintance of Ray or anything but simply because I'm his younger sister's friend... politics work in a really complex manner.

    After bearing a bunch of awful classes it's finally lunch break and I rush out quickly promising to meet up with Elle later.

    Sitting in one of the dilapidated buildings that the school no longer uses I suck in my cheeks hoping it'll rid me of the urge to cry, to cry all the tears I've been holding in.

     My phone chimes and I take it out of my pocket to check the message that had come in, reading it I finally cry. It's a simple message, one word only;DIE.

    I sit down there crying for all the little things and big things I've wanted to cried for but couldn't,I cried for all the things and people I've lost, I cried because it was going to be the last time that I was going to do so.

    My mind was made up, I was tired of this shitshow called life and mine was going to end today.

   Lunch break ended and I went back to  class full of anxiety, would people cry? Why should they? They never cared... My anxiety became worse and soon I had started writing on my arm.

    School closed for the day and after saying bye to Elle I waited for the school to be empty, I wasn't dramatic enough to try and kill myself in front of others.

     Walking to my chosen spot which was my favourite part of the school and in this town I took off my shoes and arranged them next to my bag, putting my phone to play In The End by Linkin park on repeat; so much for not being dramatic.. I climb the ledge and look down at the waters below me.

    Taking a deep breath, I think of all the things I'm going to leave behind; I was making a good decision here.

     Closing my eyes I take a step forward expecting to finally fly a bit before I fall instead I crash to the rough ground.

    "What in the actual hell!" I mutter when I finally register the arms around me "Let go." I grunt out pushing the person back with all my strength.

   "You could've said thanks you know." The person says and I turn around to see Sebastian Vettel glaring at me.

    "For what?" I snap, any other time I would've said thanks especially to the boy standing in front of me. Carrington High King, he could make your life in school a living hell but since I wasn't going to be alive by tomorrow I decided not to care.

   "Saving you?" He asks with a raised brow "I wasn't in need of saving." I say climbing back on the ledge. "Are you crazy? Get down from there." He says frantically and I turn to state at him "Why?" I ask.

   "Because you could fall from there and die!" He answers and I turn back "Maybe I want to fall, maybe I want to die." I say swinging my feet

   "So you're saying that earlier.." he begins but I cut him off "I was committing suicide." I say and he runs his hands through his hair.

     "Don't." He says softly and I look up "Why?" I ask "Because what you're going through will pass." He replies and I scoff " It won't." I say "You're life might feel like hell right now..." He begins but I cut him off "My life is hell." I say and there's a sigh before I feel it; he's hugging me from behind.

     "Let me go." I say "No." He replies, j don't want to struggle because I might end up throwing both of us off so I try again. "Let me go." I say again but this time I get no answer.

    There's silence for some time then I hear it "Ten. I'll give you reasons to live." He says and I released a sad laugh "I've got more than ten reasons to jump off." I say.

    "Fifty. I'll give you fifty reasons to live and if it's not enough I'll push you off myself. Fifty." He says, his voice taking a pleading tone and I dangle my feet.

"Fifty."