Day 2 (Part II)

"So there's a party today." Elle says as we walk into our homeroom, "How many people am I getting home?" I ask and she shrugs "Just one. Sebastian." She says and I frown.

        "Why will Vettel need a designated driver?" I ask and she shrugs, "Same as everyone, he wants to get wasted tonight." She says and I hum "Alright has he paid yet?" I ask and she nods.

      "He paid in full." She says obviously as surprised as I am because most people would usually pay half before the party and the other half the next day.

      "I'll pick him up at your house then " I say and she nods grinning "Why are you grinning like a maniac?" I ask nudging her shoulder and she shrugs, "A party means I've got to dress you up." She says and I groan.

     "Nope, not this time, I'm still scarred from the last time." I say and she scoffs "Oh please, you're driving Sebastian Vettel, you've got to look stunning!" She says and I wrinkle my nose. "Nah I'm good." I say and she narrows her eyes.

        "Riveria Autumn Louisa Haven, you will come to my house and I'll prettify you. Is that clear?" She asks standing on her toes so we could be the same height. If you think I'm short it simply means that Elle's a dwarf...

         "Crystal clear ma'am. Gosh you're scary when you get like this." I say and she grins "I know, now let's get to class." She says as she skips ahead of me.

          "Did you understand anything Mr Damonte taught in History today?" Elle asks as she joins me by my locker and I hand her my note "Got you covered." I say and she grins putting it into her bag.

         "Let me guess, not today?" She asks looking at her high-flying friends "Definitely not today." I say and she nods before waving at me as she catches up with them.

        Grabbing my lunch I head back to my usual spot and give a sigh of relief when I see that it's as empty as I left it.

        Cleaning up a bench I lie on it and plug my earphones in. On days like this I needed absolute silence and just the sound of my music, does that even make sense?

         "Hey." a voice calls and I frown taking off my earphones and looking up,  "Vettel." I say as a form of greeting and he gives me a small smile.

        "Move over I brought lunch." He says and I groan "Can't, I'm too drained to do anything." I say and he raises a brow "Too drained for pizza?" He asks and I sigh raising an arm.

        "Here pull me up and I scoot over." I say and he grabs my arm pulling me up effortlessly and I move over but he's still holding on to my arm.

       "I'll need my arm back to eat " I say and he looks at me weirdly. "This wasn't here yesterday." He says and I frown "What wasn't?" I ask and he draws my sleeve to show me my latest cut.

         "Oh that." I mutter turning away "Why are you cutting yourself?" He asks and I stare at him "Because even ghosts get depressed, can we have pizza now?" I ask and he sighs before dropping some takeaway plates in front of me saying nothing.

        Waiting for him, I begin eating when he does, watching him for any telltale signs in case I need to be prepared,but there's nothing and slowly my anxiety creeps in and soon there's a pen in my hand and words on my skin.

           "Why are you doing that?" He suddenly asks and I shrug not looking up at him as I write another word anathema, "What does that mean?" He asks looking at my hand.

           "Strong hate or dislike." I say and he nods "There were words on your hands the evening I stopped you." He says and I nod "It helps with my anxiety." I say and he nods "Alright. Give me the pen." He says and I stare at him.

         "C'mon give me the pen." He says and I hand it to him."Now give me your hand." He says and I place my arm in his and he smiles at me.

       Taking the pen he looks at all the words I've written before writing a new word on my arm and handing it back to me. Staring at my arm, I notice that he had written in the middle the word; Hope.

       "Heard there's a party today." I say and he nods "Yep, it's at the new club Wicked." He says and I nod "And you want a designated driver." I say and he shakes his head "Not really, I just need a reason to get you to agree to follow me to the club." He says.

         "You could've just asked." I say and he snorts "Would you have agreed?" He asks and I shake my head "Nah." I reply, "Even if its part of reason number two?" He asks and I still shake my head "Well good thing I didn't I ask you then." He says and I give a short laugh.

         "Thanks for lunch." I say and he shrugs, "I wasn't going to finish all that by myself anyway." He says and I nod "Won't your friends wonder where you're at?" I ask and he shakes his head, "They're probably just used to it by now, I don't always sit with them for lunch." He says and I nod.

           "I'll be at Ray's by nine, so I'll see you there cupcake." He says and I glare at him "Quit the nickname." I say and he frowns "But it suits you, you're cute enough to have a nickname like that." He says and I narrow my eyes. "I'm not cute." I say and he scoffs "Who do you think you're fooling?" He asks as he reaches the doorway.

        "See ya later cupcake." He says giving a mock salute as he leaves. As I pack up my things getting ready to leave , I glance at the word he wrote on my skin; Hope.

        Getting up to leave, I get a message and the number it's sent from fills me with dread. Opening it I read the message.

        50 Reasons why River should die;
Day 1. You're a murderer.
Day 2. You're worthless.