Day 1 (Part II)

"Riv!" Elle calls once she sees me and I give her a small smile "Not too loud Elle, I'm a ghost." I say and she hits my shoulder lightly but it still hurts and I wince.

     "Shit I'm sorry Riv, I'm an idiot." She mutters and I give a small smile, "Nah it's okay, plus if you're an idiot what does that say about me? Being friends with an idiot and all." I say and she laughs a bit as we stop by my locker.

         "You've got to come over today." She says and I frown "Is there a party I don't know of ?" I ask and she shakes her head. What? You're surprised I go to parties? Perks of being a ghost, alright who am I kidding?

     I'm a DD, and no it's not my fricking boobs size,get your head out of the gutter child, I'm a designated driver. You know when you're going for parties you're going to be thoroughly wasted but you need to get your ass home or else daddy dearest will seize your Porsche, you call me, I tag along then drive you home.

      How'd you think I became friends with one of the most popular guys sister? I was her DD one day then we became friends now she's kinda of my manager in the whole DD business thing because I still wanna remain a ghost.

     "Nope there's no party but I've got to treat your wounds." She says and I frown "They'll heal." I say shutting my locker and she glares at me "River don't make me call the SS." She says and I frown "How long will you keep up with the social services threat?" I ask and she shrugs "For as long as it means I can help you." She says and I give a long sigh "Fine I'll come over." I say and she claps "Good, I shall see you in class then my favourite ghost." She says walking off.

      Even though we were friends I and Elle had just few classes together thanks to the fact that she was a sciency type and I was artsy, hey it may not show in my mode of dressing but I have a great fashion sense.

      I wanted to be a designer,note I said wanted because you know I'm going to die after fifty days because I'm pretty sure Sebastian's reasons will be stuff like; party, ditching, fighting.. and all that jazz.

       I sit through boring classes again trying not to zone out, I had done all this stuff before we moved here at my old school so I was way ahead.

     The moment the bell that signified lunch break rang I grabbed my bag and joined the crowd as they pushed out of the class.

      "So how was your classes?" Elle asked as we met in the hallway and I shrugged, "Boring you?" I asked but before she could reply her name got called by her friends from the clique.

      "Join me will you?" Elle asks like she does every other day and I shake my head, "No thanks." I reply "C'mon they're not that bad." She says as they call out to her once more and I glance at them before shaking my head "I know but maybe another time." I say and she sighs before she reminds me to meet up with her later.

        Yeah right, they're not that bad indeed, I think as I turn around to my usual spot when I remember Sebastian asked me to meet him in the kitchen.

     "This better be good." I mutter as I head there.

          "Vettel?" I call out as I enter the empty kitchen, "Here." He calls out and I follow his voice and move inside the kitchen where I find him stuffing a basket with food.

        "That's from here?" I ask as I see tubs of ice cream and half of an apple pie in the basket. "Yeah." He says throwing in packets of cheese, "So what's with the stupid lunches they keep serving us if they've got all this?" I asked picking up a pizza roll and biting into it.

       "Come on help me scavenge, we need to be on our way." He says and I get up and open more drawers "Dried fruits?" I ask with my mouth full and he chuckles before nodding and I drop it into the basket.

      "Let's  go now." He says grabbing the basket and dragging me out "Where are we going?" I call and he shushes me up "Not too loud, we don't want to get caught." He says as we head to the back of the school and pass the ledge I was standing on yesterday and I stop in my tracks.

      "Fifty days Riv, let's go." He says pulling me along till we get to his car and unlocks it.

     "Are we ditching school?" I ask and he shrugs "It's part of your reason." He says getting it. What did I say, his reasons will be along the lines of ditching, fighting.. why'd I agree to this again?

        "C'mon Riveria, get in." He says and I sigh before getting in and he drives out of the school.

     "How's ditching school going to make me wanna live." I ask or more like say "It's not a reason, it's just part of it." He says speeding across the road and I look out the window letting the wind play with my hair as we drive in silence.

      "Hey we're here." He says parking and unhooking his seatbelt to grab the basket and a small knapsack thingy.

       "You brought me to the ocean?" I ask turning back to stare at him and he nods "Yeah, let's go." He says entwining our hands together and going in.

      Taking out a blanket from the knapsack thingy he spreads it before taking off his shoes and stockings and sitting on the blanket.

         "C'mon Riveria." He says when I make no move to join him "I will if you stop calling me Riveria." I say and he smiles "Deal." He says and I take off my docs and stockings before lying on the blanket.

        "So tell me about you." He says and I turn to face him "What do you want to know?" I ask and he shrugs "Everything." He says and I shake my head "You can't know everything but you can know one important thing." I say and he raises a brow "And that is?" He asks and I give a small smile.

        "I'm a ghost." I say and he starts laughing "Alright ghost here's your first reason to keep on staying alive; days when you can come to the ocean and be completely at ease or better still, ditching school to drive down to the ocean." He says before turning around and closing his eyes.