Chapter 7...

Emily's POV...

Gideon's abrupt departure from the team seemed to shake everyone, particularly Reid. I tried to comfort him, but I think JJ is doing a better job than I am – after all, she's known him longer. Hotch brought in someone new to replace him, and I would be lying if I said I haven't been trying to keep my inner fangirl in check.

David (call-me-Dave) Rossi: one of the founders of the BAU and author of my favourite books! I was so excited to meet him, but there's a reason that they say don't meet your idols. The first few weeks he was here, he completely threw off the balance of the team, and I started to wish that he was still just a perfect profiler in my head.

He seems to be fitting in much better now, although he still acts a bit full of himself. It's particularly annoying when he goes off without the team, but he seems to be doing it less and less recently so I guess he's becoming more of a team player. Apart from the shameful looks I get from JJ, everything seems to be going perfectly.

Just after it hits 8 pm, I pack up my stuff. My desk is now home to an octopus mug full of colourful pens – courtesy of Garcia – and any cat Knick knacks that I'll take from her. I replaced the fake plant with a cactus that already has small pink flowers blooming on it; hopefully, I won't kill this like I somehow managed to do with a fake plant. 

I wave slightly at Reid and he sends me a genuine smile back. I would say goodbye to Morgan, but JJ has been perched on his desk for the past half an hour and I don't know if I can bare to see her scowl at my presence.

"You're leaving already?" Morgan calls as I open the glass doors.

"Yeah, I'm meeting someone," I say, I wave 'goodbye' at him but he eyes him suspiciously. 

"Wahey, stop right there!" He walks over to me from where he was talking to JJ and I roll my eyes. She seems to do it too, but I don't expect anything else from her anymore. "You're going on a date!" He exclaims as a statement more of a question.

"No!" I cry, I can tell JJ is listening to our conversation.

I stopped hoping something would happen between us when she left me hanging in the bathroom after the hankel case. I think she's trying to prove she's better than me, I can't understand why, but I don't want to be her punching bag again. I've pushed any feelings I had for her away, it's just not worth it aching for something that's never going to happen.

"It's not a date... I'm just meeting a friend from college."

"Hmmm... that's code for an ex right?" He asks, "what's his name?"

I sigh and look at him to see whether or not he's going to let this go, I'm almost sure that he won't. "Syd," I reply reluctantly

"Syd?" He says, with an amused look on his face. "Why'd you break up with him? Hold on... what kind of car does he have?"

"I don't know, a Porsche?" I say, all I can remember is that it's red.

"Okay, so then what?" He asks and I shake my head, laughing. Men and their cars. "Small penis?"

"Morgan!" I shriek, hitting him on the shoulder.

"Oh, so I'm right!" He exclaims triumphantly, "Just tell me when to stop." He says, he holds his thumb and forefinger up and makes eye contact with me as he brings them closer together.

"Goodbye Morgan..." I let the glass doors swing behind me as I leave, but I hear him catch them.

"Hey!" I stop and slowly turn around. Folding my arms, I look at him with raised eyebrows. "If anyone should be taking you on a date, it's me."