Chapter 19...

Jennifer's POV...

"Hey," a soft voice says from behind me, Emily's hands find my waist and she spins me around.

"Em," I scold, swatting her arm, luckily I can't see anyone else sitting at their desks.

"What?" she says, before giving me a quick kiss.

"Didn't you say you weren't going to do this anymore?"

"Weren't gonna do what? This?" She asks, leaning forwards, playfully leaving kisses all over my neck.

"Stooop, Em... stop" I laugh, and she pulls away with a massive grin on her face. I raise my eyebrows at her, "what if someone just saw that?"

"Like who," she asks dramatically looking around.

"Like Hotch..." She looks at his office and then back to me completely unconvinced, "one of these days he's going to open those blinds and see everything!"

"One of those days is not today," she says, kissing me again, "and I've barely seen you since our date!"

That isn't necessarily true! We've managed to sneak plenty of nights-in or innocent coffee dates at lunch, that we conveniently don't tell Pen about, since our date. Although that was weeks ago now, Hotch has been working us non-stop since The Reaper – the notorious George Foyet – escaped from prison, and still hasn't been found. The worst part is, he doesn't seem to have done anything yet, so what is he planning?

I think I speak for the whole team when I say we've been anxiously waiting for him to resurface. Even through the other cases we've had since then, we've been waiting for that phone call saying he's targeted yet another member of our team.

Despite this, I've been even more worried that Emily might want to put a label on us, or suggest we go public with our relationship. She hasn't said anything yet, but I can tell she wants to, maybe she can tell I'm apprehensive.

I just don't know how the team would take it, and what if we can't go into the field together? Or what if one of us has to leave? I'm not ready for that.

"At least come to my office Em."

"You don't even have proof Hotch is in there."

"Please?"

"Okay fine."

As soon as we get through the door she's burying me with kisses, which just makes me laugh.

"You know what I love most about this office?" She says, "That the blinds close."

...

There's a sudden knock at the door and I jump off the desk, quickly straightening out my outfit. I throw myself onto the chair, just as the door opens. Hotch stands there; looking between us with the same look he always wears – making it impossible for me to figure out what he's thinking.

"I just wanted to check on Prentiss, to make sure everything was OK for tomorrow."

"Yep everything's great," she says, while I just smile slightly at him, looking like a deer in headlights.

"OK good, you should probably go home soon and get some rest."

"Roger that," she says, giving him a jokey salute, but he just furrows his brow even further into his face and closes the door behind him.

"I told you he was here," I whisper-shout just in case he can somehow hear me from down the hall.

"That man is capable of many things, but seeing through walls is not one of them."