Chapter 15

Destiny's POV

We got the cars and got back to the camp to continue our journey to Atlanta. I had only Ary in my car and I looked back and saw that she was sleeping. At least someone can actually get some sleep in this world now. I looked back at the road and I stopped at the side of the road and got out along with everyone else who was driving. Which includes Tyler, Levi, Marsyl, and Danelle. "Guys, I think we need a new plan. This is going to take months to get to Atlanta." Levi looked at me, "She's right. They're gonna be closing the gates in less than a month." I looked at Tyler who looked at me, practically telling me with his eyes to tell him. "Levi," I got his attention, "The refugee center is a bust. It was overrun six months ago." He looked at me astonished, "Then why the hell are we heading there? Why didn't you tell me before? We went all this way, for what? Nothing?" I looked at him, "No. We are going to Washington D.C. We didn't want to crush your spirit or have you separating from the group. We were gonna wait until you found out yourself visually and hoped that you would more likely go with us to DC. We're sorry but it was the best way." He looked at me with anger in his eyes, "Yeah whatever. Which direction do we have to go? And you do realize that you wasted gas for this, right?" I looked at him and nodded, "I've realized." He chuckled a little bit, which was the first time where I didn't see him with a stern, straight face. "Alright, I got the map and we have to go a hundred miles south from us before we turn left and continue going straight from there." Maryl said as she set up the map to show us what she was talking about. We all nodded, "Alright, we will tell them all tomorrow when we stop on the change of plans." I looked at them and they nodded. While everyone was making their way back to their cars, Marsyl walked up to me. "Do you think there will be any humanity left in DC?" She looked at me as there was a little bit of fear dancing in her eyes. "I don't know, I hope so." She nodded and we both went back to our cars. I started the ignition when I got into the car and began making a u-turn to go where Marsyl had previously stated to go.

TIME SKIP! NEXT DAY

It was now, about seven in the morning and I pulled off to the side, waiting for everyone to follow. I turn off the engine and get out of the vehicle. I walked over to Marsyl's car and saw that everyone else had followed. "Alright. We made it back in Arizona in one day. Now what do we do?" Everyone looked at me as Tyler questioned the small group. "Uhh, we go until we hit Dc." They nodded before Levi spoked up, "We're gonna need more gas and we need to wake another person up to drive to switch off." I looked at her and nodded, "He's right. We need gas and Ary can't drive." I looked at everyone, "I can drive your car while you sleep." I looked at Marsyl who spoke up, "You gotta sleep, wake two people from your car to drive for me." She shook her head, "No, last night when we stopped before we started moving again, I switched and slept so I'm all good." I looked at her and nodded, "Alright," I looked around at everyone, "Let's move." They all nodded and we went to our cars. I got in the passenger seat and Marsyl went into the driver's seat and we all began our journey again to DC.

653 words 

~TheBandsWorldGeek