Chapter 3

A/N: The picture of the car above is Destiny's car ^_^

Destiny's POV...

After I had sped to Sebastian's house, we had officially made it, five minutes later. I hurried out of the car and ran to the front door. I rang the doorbell multiple times before pounding on the door. It took Sebastian about three minutes to get the door opened. "Dest, what are you doing here? Are you okay?" He looked down to me and saw the fear I held in my eyes. "No, No, No. It's the end of fucking humanity. Who would have thought of that, am I right?" I say with a dark chuckle leavin my lips. "What the hell are you talking about?" He looked genuinely confused. "What do you mean, 'What the hell am I talking about?' It's like the zombie apocalypse. I just had to put down mom and dad. Dad, bit mom and mom was dying. I think that is how the infection spreads. You get bit or you get anything of them in your system and you start to die. They crave human flesh. They don't have any memories and I don't think it's the fact that you got bit that kills you." I begin pacing and thinking out loud. Sebastian quickly grabbed my shoulders and made me face him. "What the fuck are you rambling on about? What is going on?" I then went into detail about everything that happened. Starting from when I was walking home to when I had gotten home and when I had gotten here. He looked shocked for a split second when it went away and turned into a very serious expression. "Hurry and get back into the truck. We need to leave, right now. Let me pack a few things and I'll be out as soon as I can." I nodded and rushed into my impala where my siblings are. "What is he doing?" My sister had asked. "He's getting his stuff real quick. He'll be out in a few minutes." I responded looking at his front door. "Where are we gonna go?" She asked and I looked at her for a few seconds and saw fear clearly written all over her face before I turned back to looking at the window. "I don't know. We'll figure it out as we go." I looked back at her and nodded. I decided to turn on the radio. "We....are..... getting people to the........ --ugee center..... Go to..... Atlanta......" The radio was cutting in and out before it stopped all together and turned into stadic. "Wait, what was that?" My sister asked. "It was them saying something about there being, what I'm assuming, a refugee center in atlanta. We get there before they close the gates or whatever, we can stay there." I turned to look at her to see hope in her eyes. I sighed. I shook my head and looked away. "Don't get your hopes up." A few seconds of silence passed before I broke it. "Where the hell is he? He should be done by now." I turned off the car to save gas and got out of the car. I went up to the door and knocked on it. "Sebastian! C'mon, we don't have time to be sitting here! We need to get Atlanta for a refugee center! Let's go!" I yelled, I was about to leave when I heard glass shattered. "Sebastian!" I pound on the door and get zero response but yelling and grunting along with more glass being shattered. I quickly try to turn the knob and get in, only to find out he locked the door. 'Why the fuck would you lock the door?' I thought to myself. I tried kicking the door in but I didn't have enough power to do so. I quickly looked around and saw a rock and a window. "Well, sorry bassy. I know you love your house." I said to myself as I threw the rock at the window and shattered it. I took my jacket and pushed some more of the glass off and layed my jacket down to climb on it. I got into the house to see it was a mess. "Shit." I mutter underneath my breath. "Bassy! Where are you?! We need to leave now! Are you okay?!" I yelled throughout the house. I know stupid, but it's the only thing I got right at this moment. I walked into the kitchen to see the glass back door shattered along with a few vases and other glass items. "Damnit." I looked around quickly and said, "Bassy!" I yelled again walking up the stairs. I got to the top and saw stuff being thrown around. "Bassy...?" I quietly said. I suddenly saw Sebastian walking in front of me very quickly with blood on his shirt. I jumped really hard and almost fell down the stairs. He quickly grabbed my arms to keep myself steady. "What the fuck, dude? You scared the shit out of me." I said to him and I looked down at his shirt to see a lot of blood. "Listen, I don't have much time." He said and I looked at him very confused. "What are you talking about?" He looked terrified. I've never seen him this scared before, it scared me as well honestly. "Bassy, whose blood is this?" I asked as my voice was shaking. He took a deep breath and looked away. "Bassy, answer me now." I said sternly. "It's a mixture of mine and one of those things. I got bit." He said and I felt my breath hitch in my throat. "No." I muttered very quietly. "Now, I need you to listen to me very carefully." I nodded and he took it as a sign to continue. "I don't have much time and you need to survive with the kids. Now, get to Atlanta to that refugee center. They're going to be closing the doors in a few months. When they close the doors, they aren't opening them up for new people. Everyone else that didn't make it in time will be stuck outside of it." He paused and quickly grabbed a bag that looked completely full. "This has everything you would need. Guns, knives, clothes, water, food, flashlight, batteries. Don't worry about me. I'll be okay." I grabbed my face sternly and nodded. I looked him in the eyes and nodded as well. I took the bag and gave him a stern nod. "I love you little sister. You and the kids need to make it." I looked at him and I felt a few tears go down my face. "Bassy, I can't leave you." I said choking back a sob. "No, don't start this. You need to go and you know it. You'll be okay." He came over and pulled me into a tight embrace. I hugged him back with tightness. "I'll never forget you." He chuckled a little bit. "I know you won't. Now," he pulled away. "Promise me to take care of the kids and yourself and continue moving forward no matter what." I nodded at him. "I need to hear you say that you promise." I nodded again. "I.. I promise." I said sobbing a little bit. "Good. Now it's okay, okay?" I nodded. "Tell me it's okay." I shook my head. "It'll never be fully okay Bassy. You know that." He nodded his head sadly. "But it will be in time." I nodded to him. "It'll be okay with time." He gave me one last smile before he collapsed to the floor. "Bassy! No no no no no no you're okay. Get up! Don't leave me!" I saw his eyes open again and I felt relieved but that was quickly wiped away when I saw his lifeless blue eyes. "No." I said before he started to attack me. I almost let him take a bite out of my neck, wanting this to be over. 'No, you need to fight back. You promised him you'll live for as long as you can and keep the kids safe. You can't do that if you're dead, now can you? Don't let those kids have to fend for themselves because you want to be selfish.' My inner thoughts told me. I quickly kicked it off of me before I grabbed the knife on the floor and stabbed him in the head. All movements stopped from him. I went to the kitchen sink and cleaned my hands before I went back up and grabbed the backpack and I wiped the tears from my eyes. I walked down the stairs and walked out to the car. I got into the car and ignored all of Ary's questions and drove out of the driveway. 'Time to go to atlanta.' I thought to myself and drove us out of the town.

1466 words

A/N: Hello my beautiful angels! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'm still working on getting everything together and situated for a regular posting schedule! Don't worry, this will be figured out soon, I promise! Anyways, I hope you all have a wonderful day/night! I love you all! Until next time! Bye Bye!

~TheBandsWorldGeek