Chapter 10

Destiny's POV

2 Months later...

In two months, we have managed to get from California to Nevada, to Utah, and to Colorado. We drove pretty much the entire time in those two months, the other group has actually listened to the rules I set and followed my commands. Tyler still makes his snarky comments but that's fine. He's gotten sucker punched a few times, not only by me but others. I guess he really can't keep his mouth shut to anyone, but he'll learn soon enough. Hopefully. Anyways, Dally turned nine in those two months but we couldn't do anything for it. Dally hasn't been looking too great recently. We ran into a herd a few nights ago but he was in the car with windows covered, doors closed and locked, and with Ary so no zombies got in. I got out of the car because we needed gas, and walked to his side. I opened his door and brought him out to see what was going on with him. What I saw made my heart drop to the pit of my stomach, he had a scratch on his stomach that was infected meaning only one thing. A zombie had somehow managed to scratch him. I quickly pulled his shirt down and put him back in the car. I walked to the hood of the vehicle and felt a few stray tears fall down from my face. Ary noticed me and walked over. "What's wrong?" She questioned and I pointed to the back of the car and she got the hint. "The walkers got him, didn't they?" She looked back at me and I nodded. Suddenly, I heard Dally scream and I quickly ran to his side of the car. I saw him panicking, and sweating, like he was dreaming. I quickly picked him up and cradled him. He soon calmed down but I saw the other members look over in my direction. "Are you okay?" I asked Dally and he shook his head, "N-no. I-I-I had a b-b-b-b-bad dream, a-a-a-and m-my t-t-tum-m-mmy h-hurts." I nodded at him with tears stinging my eyes. I know what I have to do, I was just dreading it. "Dessy, I'm tired," he closed his eyes and stopped breathing. I refused to let panic take over as I gently put him on the dirt where the woods are. "I love you buddy, I'm sorry I failed to protect you. I am so so so sorry." I say as I pulled out my knife from my sheath, everyone was staring at me as I let tears fall freely from my eyes. "You'll be with Bassy now, you'll be okay. I'll see you soon alright buddy?" I say as I lifted his head and stabbed the knife through his skull. I pulled the knife out and let a few sobs leave before I stopped crying and wiped my tears. When all my tears were wiped, I walked over to the trunk and grabbed a shovel before I began making a grave for him. When I finished burying him, I realized that everyone was watching me. I looked over to them and said, "C'mon, let's go! We have supplies to go search for to get the hell out of here!" They all quickly looked away and grabbed a few things. Ary came over to me, "Are you sure you want to go? You just killed, and buried our little brother. You can sit this one out, if you want." I glared at her, "No, I cannot. We need to leave now." She looked a bit shocked at my response and quickly walked away to grab her stuff before the people that were going on the run began to walk away. As we were walking to find a nearby town, Marsyl came up to me, "Why didn't you stay back there? We would've been fine without you bossing us around for a day." She smirked at her snarky comment and I replied, "Just because someone dies, it doesn't stop time in the world. Now, you don't have time to grieve, you just gotta get up and continue living for as long as you possibly can." She nodded at my response and walked over to one of her group members, before I heard them quietly talking to I'm assuming Marsyl. "She's losing herself, she's gonna drag us down with her. We need her to step down willingly or just force her to step down." Marsyl sighed, "We can't do that, do you want to lose our only way of being with people?" Tyler shook his head, "The refugee center is a bust. It's overrun, I tried getting you to tell her that, but you refuse to do so." I heard Marsyl sigh again, "She'll find that out on her own, for now keep your damn mouth shut." Since I was in front, I stopped walking and everyone else followed. "Is there something you two need to share with the rest of us?" They looked at me as I was turning around to face them. Tyler shook his head, "Well actually I think you do." He shook his head again, "I already know the refugee center is a bust. I overheard you guys talking that night in the woods. I knew and I gave you multiple chances to tell me since." He looked at me, and I continued, "If you don't want to share with the rest of the group about important information, keep your damn mouth shut before I blow your brains out right here and now." He looked surprised and a little bit terrified but nodded nonetheless. I continued walking, ignoring Ary's questioning stare. "You knew but never told me?!" She yelled towards me, and stomping her feet as she did so. "You knew this entire time but never told me anything about it?!" She said yelling in my face, I pushed her back and stepped back a little bit to create some space. "Ary, I needed to at least try to get you and Dally there, no matter what." She looked at me scoffed while rolling her eyes. "Right well now Dally's dead! You already broke the promise to Sebastian so why continue?!" She had fire in her eyes as she was yelling at me, "I know, I broke that promise, and I'm going to keep you alive, even if it's the last thing I do. So do us all a favor, and shut the hell up." I looked her dead in the eyes before I continued walking in the direction we were. She looked at me and continued walking in the opposite direction. "Where the hell are you going?!" I yelled after her, "Back to the car!" She yelled back at me, "No you're not! You're staying with me!" She stopped and turned around to look at me before quickly walking towards me, punching me six times in the face. "Like hell I am." She went to go walk away again but I pulled her back by the back of her shirt. "Listen, I will not hesitate to beat your ass to next year. Don't ever come up to me and punch me again. You were the one in the car with him. You were supposed to protect him when I got you both to the car. Don't ever come near me thinking it's my fault he's dead. I was trying to keep everyone safe and you knew you were to protect him. I told you to keep him safe. So if it's anyone's fault for his death, it's yours." I say in her face and I hear her breath hitch in her throat when I push her away from me. She stumbled over her own two feet, trying to regain balance but failed miserably landing on the ground. I continued walking before I called out, "Either go back to the car and risk getting bit because you don't want to listen or come with us. Either way you're walking." She huffed and said, "I'd rather die than be with you." I chuckled darkly, "Then be that way. I'm done with your ass right now." I said as I was walking further and further away. Everyone else was following me and her walking back towards the car. We continued walking to find supplies that you need to continue your journey.

1392 words

A/N: Hello my beautiful angels! This is a very long chapter! I hope you guys enjoyed it and are having a good day! I love you all so much! Until next time, bye bye!

~TheBandsWorldGeek