Chapter 2

Ary's POV

I was sitting in my room listening to music doing my homework when I heard the door slam open and shut. I immediately knew who it was. It was my drug addict, alcoholic foster parents. I heard both of their footsteps going towards the stair when I heard my door being opened and closed. I looked up to see my younger brother Kendall or as we call him, Dally, standing there in his Cars pj's and his favorite teddy bear, Snowball. I looked at him and opened my arms offering for him to come get a hug. He gladly accepted and we sat on my bed and listened to music while I was doing homework and he was falling asleep. "AHHHHH! STOP! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!" We heard our foster mom scream. Dally looked at me with panic and confusion written all over his face. I would have that face too if I was almost asleep and just heard a random scream. I thought something was seriously wrong so I took Dally downstairs to the kitchen with me to go get a knife. 'I really hope I don't have to actually use this' I think to myself. I put Dally down and I held out my hand for him to grab. He quickly and tightly grabbed my hand. We walked upstairs to our foster parent's room. Our foster dad is on top of our foster mom trying to eat her! I stare at them frozen with fear and confusion not really knowing what to do. I didn't know my older sister Destiny was home as I didn't hear the front door open. She pushes us back and looks at what we were looking at. I noticed he had actually bit her. 'What in the actual hell is going on?' I looked at Dally noticing that he was hiding his head in my side. I quickly picked him up and he nuzzled his head in the crook of my neck. I looked back at Destiny as she took the knife from my hand and pulled his collar and stabbed him in the head. 'Whatever the hell is going on, I now know you have to get that head to stop them. Nice to know.' I see Destiny crouch down to the ground as I hear our foster mother mumbling. I looked away tears threatening to fall but I refused to let them. When I look back over there, I see Destiny put the knife through her skull. 'What the hell? She wasn't one of them. Is that how you turn into whatever those things are? Is that you get bit?' I look at her as she walks over to say something. "Alright, go pack some clothes and I'll get the food, water, and all of those supplies okay? We are gonna go back to the diner to get the impala and we are gonna go where Sebastian is and we are getting the hell out of here and finding somewhere else to go. Okay?" I nodded and put Dally on the ground and he ran to his room as I went to mine. I quickly grab some skinny ripped jeans, a few pairs of combat boots, and t-shirts, along with some crop tops. I also grabbed a few pairs of shorts, and vans with a few spaghetti strapped tank tops with some flannels and my chains. I quickly threw all that in a duffel bag and I grabbed my phone, phone charger, my beanies, a few pairs of undergarments and some toiletries. I grabbed my blanket, pillow, and my favorite stuffed animal. I quickly shoved my clothing stuff in a duffle bag while my bedding was shoved into a backpack. I looked around my room to see if anything was worth taking. I saw my framed photos of my friends and my foster siblings and I. I quickly grabbed those and stuck them in my back pack with my pillow and blanket.

Dally's POV

'What happened? I'm scared.' I thought to myself as I made my way to my room. I quickly grabbed some shirts and flannels, jeans, shorts, shoes and shoved those in a small suitcase I own. I grabbed my blanket, pillow and my stuffed teddy bear, Snowball. My absolute favorite stuffy because Destiny got it for me.

Destiny's POV

I quickly grabbed the food and water and weapons and shoved those into bags. I quickly ran up the stairs and into my room to grab my stuff. I grabbed some ripped jeans, crop tops, non-ripped jeans, shorts, combat boots, vans, spaghetti strapped tank tops, muscle tees, t-shirts and flannels. I quickly grabbed my phone and phone charger. I know that it's the end of the world but it doesn't hurt to try and keep those. I quickly grabbed my blanket, pillow, small stuffed animal, and pictures. I shoved it all in a backpack and duffle bag. I ran downstairs and grabbed my mini backpack that had everything else and the supplies bag. "Come on guys we gotta hurry!" I yelled to them and they came running down the stairs with their stuff. We all quickly, but quietly went out of the house and carried on our way to get the impala to get to Sebastian's house, that's two hours away.