Nightmares

A/N: Another day, another part! Hope you'll have a lovely day wherever you are, whatever you're up to! Tiktok has me bak in all my Tommy feels...

You know what I hate? When you know someone could literally be your soulmate, not because you find them hot or because, oh wow he's spider-man, no. But because you catch him talk about things the way you do, he says stuff in interviews that have been on your mind too and you just know if he wasn't a celebrity and so incredibly out of reach you'd just click. Well, that's what I've been thinking lately, hurts a lot.

Anyways, this one's #23, Enjoy!! Also, I'm going to put another prompts list here so you can decide what's next xx

You've been up for two hours already. You tried reading to get tired which didn't work, Then you decided to watch some tiktoks, airpods in, so you wouldn't wake up Tom. He's been sound asleep for the past 5 hours.

Of course he is.

He's been in Los Angeles for three months already, filming the new spider-man whilst you landed here two days ago, jetlag hitting you like crazy tonight. The whole time you try to be as silent as you possibly can.

You know Tom's been working really hard these past months and the first thing you notices about him when you arrived and he picked you up from the airport where the dark under eye cycles. So you really wanted him to have a good night sleep and not be the one to interrupt it.

A look at the clock tells you it's already 4 am.

You put your phone down, carefully turn around and look at tom. His hair is very messy and the blanket has slid down a bit so his bare chest is on display. He's beautiful.

Suddenly though, something changes. He seems to be frowning then he starts tossing. It's starts randomly, now and then, but suddenly he's shifting so much. Are those – are those tears? His eyes are close and he seems to still be asleep but there's definitely tears streaming down his face.
"Tom?", you say softly, trying not to startle him.

Nothing.

"Tom", you try again but you can't seem to get through to him. You sit up slowly. He seems so stressed out and you really don't know what to do. Should you wake him up? Suddenly though Tom starts talking, screaming almost, you cant understand what he's saying, the next second Tom jolt up and he's full on crying now.

"Babe, shh, Tom, calm down", you say laying your hand on his back. It's drained with sweat. He jumps and turns around. He looks exhausted. "I'm so sorry, there was – and I didn't – and you and then", he tries to explain but he's gasping for air, the tears still streaming.

"Shh it was just a bad dream – just a dream, okay? None of it was real", you say in a soft voice. You get up.

"Here", you take his hand and gently pull him up. "Let's get you in the shower."

You walk him to the bathroom, he's still shaking. You get him out of his boxers, brush him off with some warm water and rub him off with a towel. You get him a new pair of boxers and a shirt.

"C'mon, here lay down."

You lean back on the headboard and Tom lays down in your lap. He finally stopped crying but he still looks devastated. You dry his tears with your thumbs and start to caress his face, your fingers tracing over his skin and through his hair until you can feel him relaxing in your arms. His eyes are darted up at you and you smile down at him.

"You wanna talk about it?", you eventually ask.

Tom shakes his head no. It takes him a while, then he finally gets out some words.

"I've been having these dreams a lot lately – I just – I think it's because I've missed home and you a lot."

You lean down and peck his lips. "I'm here now. And I'm not going anywhere."

You scoot down so you can wrap your arms around him. His back is on your chest and you're pretty sure he can feel your heart beating against your ribcage. You love this man so much and seeing him hurt this much literally breaks you.

You squeeze him a little tighter. You will do anything to make him feel better. You'll make sure these nightmares never come back.

 You'll make sure these nightmares never come back