First time you meet

First imagine for this book!
So tell me, what do you think?

You were bored. Three months into quarantine and you were done with it. Doing the uni work from home wasnt nearly as fun as actually ging to uni. You lost your babysitter job and not seeing your friends or family was really hard for you.

Whilst you spent the first couple weeks working out a lot and doing all the uni work you soon spent more and more time watching Netflix and Disney plus. But even that became boring pretty quickly.

Today you chose to do something about it. The sun was out and it was incredibly warm so you called your bestie and decided to meet up in a nice park a little outside the city sehrte you hoped it wouldn't be too crowded.

You packed a basket filled with coke, strawberries and some chocolate cookies which you baked the other day.

It took you a while to get to the park as it was in one of the fancier district of London which you couldn't afford. You saved all your money to buy the car you got last summer which really came in handy now cause you didn't have to sit in packed underground's or trains with a mask on.

When you finally arrived and parked your car y/b/f was already waiting for you.

You jumped out of the car, nearly forgetting your picnic basket as you were so exited to finally see her again.

'I can't believe this, it's been so long!', she screamed and you couldn't help but squeal your hello.
'It's so weird not to hug you' you said as the two of you entered the park. It was not too crowded so you chose a place near the shades where y/b/f got the blanket out she brought.

You sat down and immediately started chatting and snacking away.

You've already sat there for hours and of course it felt like you've never spent any time apart.

You were both laying down, enjoying the sunrays on you skin. Suddenly you felt something wet on your legs. You sat up startled when you realised what was licking your leg. A black dog.

Y/b/f sat up too and started laughing. 'Well looks like you made a new friend.' You joined her laughs, then you slowly reached out your hand and when the dog started sniffing it, you pet him. 'Hey you, you're a cutie aren't you? Where's your owner hm?'
You looked around but couldn't see anyone looking out for this dog. Instead of running away again, the dog laid down between you and y/b/f, head resting on your leg.

She was laying with you for a while, still licking your leg every now and then, when suddenly a boy in black running clothes looking around and calling for a Tessa emerged. The dog next to you looked up and it seemed like he was smiling at him.

You raised your arm and waved at him. 'Are you looking for your dog?' You said loud enough for him to hear you. He turned around and looked at you. 'Is this Tessa?', you asked, pointing at the dog.

The boy came running towards you as he recognised the dog laying on your picnic blanket.
'Tess, what are you doing? I'm so sorry.'
He sounded concerned.

'It's fine' you said with a smile.
'Really I have no idea what's gotten into her. Tess come here now.' Instead of listening to her owner, Tessa started licking your
leg again.

'Tess!'

Your friend started chuckling. 'She's really into y/n', she said.

You laughed too. 'I think it's the self tan. It smell a bit like cookies.'

'Well' the boy stated. 'She really liked the dog treat cookies I got her last Christmas.'

'Well there we have it, I smell like dog treats.'
The boy laughed and crouched down next to you, keeping the 2 meter distance of course. Finally Tessa got up and walked over to him. 'I'm Tom' he said and both you and your friend introduced yourselves too.
'Again, I'm so sorry' Tom said and you were about to tell him it was fine - again - when your friend clears her throat. 'I have an idea.'

Both you and Tom look at her.

'You take out y/n once quarantine is over and she won't even remember your dog licked her leg.'
'Y/b/f!' You were embarrassed.

'No that actually a pretty good idea' Tom smiled and you looked at him surprised. 'It is?'

'Yeah' he said and leaned over. 'Give me your phone.'
You handed it over and he typed something in. His phone ringed and whilst he got it out he gave you back yours. 'I've got your number now so I'll text you?'

He got up.

'Yeah sure' you smiled. Tom smile too and you both look at each other for a second when Tessa suddenly starts barking.

'Well looks like someone is ready to you' Tom chuckles. You get on your knees to lean over and let Tessa one more time. 'Goodbye Tessa.' She licks your face goodbye, you chuckle and Tom laughs before he says goodbye too.