Drunk

And more

Drunk

His p.o.v.

The moment I entered the club I sensed something was off. I didn't know what it was though until I saw her. She was sitting on one of the bar stools, leaning against the counter, a number of shot glasses in front of her. She was surrounded by her friends but neither of them seemed to realize she was not feeling good anymore. I tried to shrug it off and went to the other side of the bar, where Harrison, Harry and a couple of our old friends are all gathered together, having drinks. As I arrive they greet me loudly, immediately handing me a beer. I accept it but only sip on it occasionally. My mind keeps wondering off to her and I catch myself searching the crowd for her figure. Harrison eventually realizes I'm not my usual self and calls me over.

"What's up mate?" he asks, concern evident in his voice.

I try to shrug it off but he's persistent. So, I tell him that y/n is at the bar.

"Y/n as in your ex girlfriend Y/n?" he asks, eyes widening and I nod.
Harrison pats my back and hands me another beer. "That's tough man. You gotta drink more, you'll soon forget about her when you do."

With that he's back with the others, dragging me along with him. I sigh, if only he knew it wasn't that easy for me. At the end of the day, my feelings for her had never stopped. Yes, I was the one who ended our relationship. Yes, at that time I thought it was the right thing to do. And yes, I regret that decision badly.

But I was stupid enough to let other's opinions influence me so now I had to live with the outcome. I've not talked to y/n ever since I broke it off with her a couple months ago and seeing her tonight, basically feeling her presence in the room, it brought back all those memories.

Nevertheless, I try to keep my mind away from her, involving myself in my friends' conversations, continuing to sip on the beer and eventually dancing a bit. None of that being done without the thought of her in the back of my head though.

At some point, the night had already passed by a couple hours and it was the early morning, I decided it was finally time for me to head back home. I made my way to the toilets as the way back to my house would be longer than the amount of time I could hold that beer in anymore.

When I exited the men toilets though, I see her. She sits on the floor in front of the girl's bathroom, leaning back against the wall. Her skirt is pushed up a little, exposing her tights a bit more than she most likely intended to and her white shirt fell down her shoulder on one side. Her hair was a bit messy but I couldn't help it, to me she looked more beautiful than ever.

But also, more lost and in need of help than I've ever seen her. I look around to see whether her friends are nearby but I can't make any of them out in the crowds around me. So, I focus my gaze back on her and when I realize she's about to let her upper body fall down to the floor as she has no strength to properly hold it up anymore I rush to her side to steady her.

As she senses my grip she smiles.

„Thank you" she lulls, but then she slowly opens her eyes.

As she realizes it's me her smile frowns and she shakes her arm trying to escape my grip.

"What are you doing? Leave me alone" she spits.

I shake my head no.

"You're drunk" I state and she laughs spiteful.

"I'm not."

She tries to get up but the second she's on her feed she stumbles and I grab onto her again.