Sleepy

I'm currently in the living room of Tom's house. I've got a cup of tea in my hand and a book on my knees. Whenever I buy myself a new book and it's really good I get totally lost in it. Same with this one. I've been sitting on my spot for what feels like hours already. I'm on page 178 when I hear someone open the front door.

"I'm back" Tom calls out. He had been gone shooting all day. When he reaches the living room only seconds later he leans down and places his lips on top of my head. "Hey" he sounds tired.

"Hey babe" I shift on the couch a little to make room for him to lay down beside me. But he lets me know he doesn't want to.

"Can we head straight to bed please?" he asks instead and I finally lay down the book on the coffee table and get up.

"Is something wrong? It's the first week of shooting, you were so excited this morning."

Tom shrugs his shoulders.

"I know. And of course I'm happy about the new movie. But I'm so tire." He yawns as if to prove me he really was. But I can also tell he's exhausted from his slouchy posture and the way he looks at me through very much closed eyelids.

"Alright big boy" I take his hand in mine. "Let's go." Before we head to the bed room I quickly turn off the lights in the living room and take my book.

"Oh no, don't tell me you started a new book", Tom sighs and I elbow him in his side slightly whilst rolling my eyes at him.

"Deal with it" I grin. "I'm half way through already anyway, don't worry."

Reaching the bedroom I get out of my clothes and put on my pj's. Then I head to the bathroom and put my hair up in a ponytail to wash my face and brush my teeth. Tom is too lazy to do so and goes straight to bed after pulling off his jeans and his shirt. I lay down beside him, leaning my back against the headboard and reach out for my book I placed on the bed side table before.

"What are you doing?", Tom asks baffled. I turn on the bed side lamp and open the page I left off on. I give him a look.

"What do you think I'm doing?" 

Now Tom whines a little.

"But I wanted to cuddle with you", he wraps his arms around my hips and leans his head against my side. I look down on him and see his eyes almost falling shut because of how tired he is. I lean down and kiss his eyelids.

"I think what you really need right now is to sleep" I observe and he sighs.

"You're right" he finally says and shifts a little so he can place his head on my stomach, his arms wrapped around my waist. I smile down at him.

"Good night babe" I say.

"Good night" he mumbles, eyes already closed. I reach my free hand out to comb with my fingers through his thick brow curls. His lips form into a smile as he relaxes under my gentle touch and I continue to softly stroke his hair whilst I read my book. Only getting distracted by his soft snores every once in a while.