ϟ20: LETTERS (PART I)ϟ

Rhea and Lily

Dear Lily,

Thank you so much for the necklace! I do not possess any kind of jewellery right now (I do, but it's all family heirlooms, lying in our vault at Gringotts). But I'm stalling...Merry Christmas!

Christmas at Hogwarts is amazing! Luna and I met Rubeus Hagrid (he speaks highly of you! He did have some choice words to say about James and Sirius, though). We went to his hut (it's super cozy in winters, by the way) and he offered us some cakes (I almost lost my teeth) and some tasty bacon!

All that aside, I hope you liked my gift. I'm afraid we've both known each other for such a short time that it took me ages to decide what gift I had to buy for you! Oh, and Luna wants me to ask you if you liked her gift. If you're confused as to what that is, it's a lucky charm.

Anyway, I haven't got much to tell you, unless you count the fact that my detentions are over (can you believe Slughorn feels like a cauldron bursting is a crime?)

I hope you're having a lovely time with your family! Merry Christmas again, Lils.

With loads of love from your amazing friend,

Rhea

P.S: I might have forgotten to mention this little detail—I got Severus a kitten for Christmas. I'll give you a detailed report later—Luna, Timothy and I are going to have a snowball fight.

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.

Dear Rhea,

I have plenty of things I would like to address from your previous letter, but since I'm the epitome of kindness (aren't I totally modest?), I'll start by saying: Merry Christmas! BUT, there're some CRUCIAL things I have to speak to you about:

A KITTEN? YOU, RHEA CADIEUX, THE GIRL WHO KNOWS WAY TOO MANY THINGS ABOUT PEOPLE (which is creepy, if you ask me), BOUGHT SEVERUS SNAPE, A KITTEN?

Okay, that was me overreacting—blame the normalcy at my home, courtesy of my dear sister. You do know my sister, Petunia? She is the type that would scream bloody murder if the kitchen counter isn't totally spick and span. But coming back to the point, if you must know, Severus hates kittens.

I'm waiting for the detailed description.

Onto another pressing issue: I loved your gift! You needn't worry about me disliking any of your gifts! And while we have known each other for three and a half months, it feels like you know me better than I know you. As for the lucky charm, it's really unique! Even Petunia found it extremely interesting (she tried to hide it, of course).

I'm actually surprised to receive gifts from Black and Potter too (the two of them gifted me a large box of Chocolate Frogs! I think I've gone into insulin shock). Of course, all this is because of Luna (yes, I'm aware she pestered them into initiating a truce). Remus got me a book about Ancient Runes, isn't that totally sweet? 

How is Severus? I assume he is moping around the castle, skulking and sulking even during Christmas? I'm so glad both you and Severus can keep each other company! In fact, it's almost a miracle he talks to you in a civil manner (I'm sure there are plenty of snarky and sarcastic comments in the conversation, though).