ϟ32: WITH THE POTTERS (PART II)ϟ

"God Rest, ye Merry Hippogriffs," Rhea bellowed, as she skipped around the room in a childlike manner.

"Oh tidings of elf heads on the wall," Sirius joined in with just as enthusiastically, waving and flailing his arms like a falling bird.

"Heads on the wall!" Sang Fred and George in sync as they did some sort of weird couple dance with each other.

"Stop, stop stop!" Hermione yelled dangerously, glaring at all of them. "As the founder of the Society for the Promotion of—"

"Elfish Wimpishness," Ron interrupted loudly and everyone roared with laughter.

"Ronald Weasley—" Hermione said with gritted teeth. "Don't make me hex your—"

"Oh come on, woman," Ron protested. "The 'w' for 'welfare' can stand for 'wimpishness'! Your little club's name can still remain 'spew.'"

"S.P.E.W." Hermione snapped.

"I remember writing a poem once," Sirius suddenly remarked. "It was about an old man who turned into a gnome and was then trying to get reincarnated as a goblin."

"Do you remember the words?" Fred asked, very interested.

"No, I don't remember a lot of things." Sirius said moodily. "Azkaban can do that to you."

"Way to darken the atmosphere," Rhea sniffed, looking reproachfully at Sirius.

"Why don't you sing out the poem you sang for Mrs Black, Fred?" Ron asked suddenly, and Rhea and Hermione beamed at him.

"Oh yes," Fred brightened, and cleared his throat professionally.

"Oh sweet, beautiful, hag,
Your hair is black and my flowers are black,
But your yellow face is horribly slack,
My love for you will make you gag!"

Sirius burst out laughing. "That was awesome!"

"I remember one from 'A Book of Nonsense' by Edward Lear," Hermione remarked suddenly. "It goes like this—

There was an Old Man of Melrose,
Who walked on the tips of his toes;
But they said, "It ain't pleasant,
To see you at present,
You stupid Old Man of Melrose."

For a while they all stayed silent, after which Sirius broke the silence. "It wasn't all that great."

"I liked it." Ron defended.

"Yeah, you've got to read all the poems, and only then you can appreciate it." Hermione said defensively.

"You two have bad taste." Fred said, looking between Hermione and Ron, who looked affronted.

"Five galleons they get together in a year." Rhea whispered to Harry, pointing at Hermione and Ron.

"No, it'll be in our seventh year." Harry said confidently, grinning and shaking her hand which sealed the deal.

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

*═══╗