ϟ46: A LITTLE BONDINGϟ

"It's funny how you kids think rebelling will help you win this war."

Neville, Seamus, Anthony, Lisa, Isobel, Terry, Padma, Hannah and Ernie sat straight in their seats, their expressions stony. Amycus and Alecto Carrow paced in front of them, sick pleasure visible in their eyes. The nine of them had landed themselves in detention for questioning Amycus's way of teaching. In fact, their little argument was just like the one Harry had had with Umbridge in their fifth year. Except, this time, they had to deal with the cruciatus curse.

Neville was badly bruised, Seamus had a nasty cut down his cheeks. His forlorn expression was proof that he was miserable, especially without his best friend, Dean. Anthony, Lisa, Isobel, Terry and Padma already got a little taste of the cruciatus curse. Ernie was quietly consoling Hannah, who was sobbing softly and cradling her broken arm.

Amycus looked sharply at the Ravenclaws. Then, he grabbed Anthony by the collar and dug his nails into his throat. "Where are Rhea Arquette and Harry Potter?" He snarled, looking threateningly at Anthony. Isobel clenched her fists tightly.

Only a month ago Ginny, Luna and Neville decided to try and steal the sword. Now punishments became unmerciful than ever.

"I don't know," Anthony replied flatly, but Amycus gave a growl of frustration.

"You are Arquette's friend," he hissed, "Malfoy has already informed us of this. Where is Arquette?"

"I don't know," Anthony replied simply, gazing at Amycus coolly. "And even if I did, I wouldn't tell you anyway."

Amycus looked at Anthony for a long minute, then shoved him back into his seat. He trailed towards Lisa Turpin, whose face momentarily flashed with fear, but she immediately masked it with a cold expression.

"And you, girl?" Amycus asked quietly, looking at Lisa with an unreadable expression. "Where is Arquette? Because once we know where she's hiding, Potter and Granger will surely be there..."

Neville gave an inaudible sigh of relief. They didn't know Ron was with Harry too, because they thought Ron was at the burrow, suffering from spattergoit.

"I don't know where she is," Lisa snapped. "And you can tell Malfoy to stop blabbering and trying to be a death eater wannabe. That cowardly, twitchy ferret better watch it."

"You watch your mouth, young lady!" Alecto shouted, brandishing her wand.

"Cool it, Alecto," Amycus said softly, looking away from Lisa. "These Ravenclaws are too similar to the Gryffindors... Perhaps another cruci—"

"Stop it!" Hannah cried out, looking angrily through her watering eyes. "Stop terrorizing students! Why don't you pick someone your size?"

"Don't you dare—"

But Neville and Seamus walked towards Hannah and stood in front of her, shielding her from further unforgivables. Isobel quickly rushed to Terry's aid, pushing a handkerchief onto his bleeding arm.

Amycus was seething. He pointed his wand at Isobel, and snarled, "Cruci—"

"Professor Carrow!"

The Carrows turned to find Luna Lovegoood standing next to the door, and Isobel softly fell onto the ground, shaking slightly. Everyone let out relieved breaths, and the Carrows looked enraged at the interruption.

"Lovegood," Alecto snapped. "If you haven't come here to tell us something important, then your father better watch his back! He's already under the Dark Lord's radar for publishing that wretched magazine that supports Potter—"