ϟ69: SLOTHSϟ

"I can't believe Penelope Clearwater got petrified."

Rhea, along with her fellow Ravenclaws, was sitting in the common room. The atmosphere was filled with dread, and Rhea's head was in her hands. They'd found Hermione's body along with Penelope's too. Penelope had been a really sweet Ravenclaw prefect, and everyone was left shaken when they heard the news.

"Why is it hard to believe?" Rhea asked bitterly, her worry for both the petrified girls rising with each second. "Did you think the Slytherin Heir would leave the prefects alone?"

"But the Mandrakes will be ready soon." Isobel tried to assure them. "They'll be up in no time."

"Micheal, I wish you didn't have to be right when you said mandrakes are going to be crucial this year." Lisa sighed.

"I don't take pleasure in being right either." Micheal said severely.

"And to think Lockhart convinced us that the Slytherin heir had given up." Padma bit out, looking angered.

"He's a fraud, that's what he is." Anthony said furiously. "Do you remember how he made Terry act like a werewolf for our 'practical' lesson?"

Terry shuddered. "I don't think I've been more humiliated. I loathe Lockhart."

"Well, this is got to be the worst year." Rhea said miserably. "They might even close Hogwarts! And Malfoy's acting like everything's splendid! He's insufferable!"

"Well, of course he is happy." Anthony sighed. "The school is getting 'purer' in his opinion."

"Are you sure he isn't the Heir?" Isobel asked dubiously.

Rhea shook her head. She, along with Harry and Ron, had sneaked into the Slytherin Common Room back in December to uncover the truth. "I already told you, it isn't him. I'm certain."

"Of course it isn't him." Lisa said obviously. "He's the type of person who wouldn't actively do something to achieve pureblood supremacy. He'd rather sit on the sidelines, the coward."

"And to think I thought it was Harry." Micheal snorted, looking on the verge of laughter.

"Yes, I can't believe you suspected him, Mike." Rhea said, smiling slightly.

"Well I don't blame you for suspecting him." Anthony snorted, grinning at Rhea when she glared at him. "For all you know, the most brutal and gruesome murders can be caused by a specky midget."

"Anthony!"

"What? Don't discriminate against specky midgets, Rhea! They can be criminals too!"

"You're impossible!"

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

"Why am I not surprised that you're banned from commentating in the Quidditch matches?"

Regulus was smiling amusedly at Luna, who was highly affronted that she was banned from commentating ever again. Sirius too shared the same fate, mainly because the duo hardly ever commentated on things relevant to Quidditch. McGonagall was completely fed up with them and had finally dismissed both of them from the post.

"Well, I'm surprised." Luna remarked, nettled. "Sirius and I do a marvelous job at commentating!"

Regulus scoffed. "Hardly. All my brother does is gossip, and all you do is talk about 'losers lurgy'."