ϟ36: BACK TO HOGWARTSϟ

Eleven year old Rhea weaved through the crowd, eager to find Harry, and his new best friend, Ron. The tall seventh years made it overwhelming for Rhea to even walk, but she managed to break free and immediately began running towards the Great Hall, feeling absolutely famished.

The first year should have known she wouldn't be able to walk a few feet without being attacked.

"So," a cold and smug voice stopped her. "Potter's girlfriend, what are you doing here?"

Now, Rhea hadn't ever been bullied in her life. Sure, there were some kids who were scared of her because of her mind reading abilities, but that was all. 

"Why, jealous are you, Malfoy?" Rhea retorted, and she was glad she didn't stutter, because she normally stammered when she replied with a comeback.

"Of whom, you?" Malfoy snickered, looking at her in disgust. "Of course not. You're just another little girl who relies on Saint Potter for safety."

"I don't need an-anyone to save me," Rhea snapped, glaring at the boy. Then she tried to sidestep him, but Crabbe and Goyle blocked her path.

"Keep stuttering like that and you'll end up like Quirrell." Malfoy laughed.

"Get away from her Malfoy," someone said angrily, sparing Rhea the trouble of replying to Malfoy.

"Potter," Malfoy sneered. "Of course, she couldn't save herself, so here you are."

"Get away, Malfoy." Harry repeated, looking coldly at him. Ron was glaring at Malfoy.

"Gladly," Malfoy snapped, looking at them. "I don't want to stand next to filth."

"If Rhea were a mirror, then your statement would have been valid," Ron said snarkily at him.

"What's happening here?"

Percy Weasley had intervened into their little fight.

"Malfoy was bullying her as usual," Ron said immediately to Percy, who looked coldly at the Slytherins.

"Go to your Common Room before I call Professor Snape," Percy ordered. Malfoy looked like he wanted to snap at him, but it was clear he wasn't going to disrespect a prefect. So the three Slytherins stalked away from the Gryffindors.

"Come Rhea," Harry said, pulling Rhea to the Great Hall. "Let's eat."

"Actually," Percy said abruptly. "I would like to have a word with Rhea."

Harry and Ron hesitated, but shrugged and left, knowing Percy would probably give her a lecture of sorts.

"Thank you," Rhea said sincerely, smiling at Percy. "for driving them off."

He waved a dismissive hand at her. "Don't be afraid of them. Bullies just can't stand the thought of them being weak, and they try to exert their dominance by bullying."

Rhea nodded. "No wonder I was not put into Gryffindor. I can't fight bullies to save my life."

Percy frowned. "You know, Gryffindor isn't all that good as people think it is."

"Fred and George certainly don't think so."

He shrugged. "Well, they've always had the House prejudice, much like my other siblings." Then he grew serious. "You know what? I feel you're lacking the confidence in yourself just because you were Sorted into Ravenclaw and Harry was sorted into Gryffindor. But I'll let on a little secret," he bent down so that he was almost her height. "The Hat wanted to put me into Slytherin."