ϟ42: OH, THE IRONYϟ

^^Meme from Pinterest , credits to rightful owner

"Hello, Mr and Mrs Arquette, it's lovely to meet you."

"Mrs Dursley, the—er—pleasure is ours. Hello, Mr Dursley."

Four year old Rhea Arquette along with her parent, Abrielle and Audric Arquette had shifted to Little Whinging in Surrey on Dumbledore's orders, so that they could keep an eye on Harry.

Audric grimaced as he shook Vernon Dursley's hand, already finding him obnoxious. Abrielle was faking a smile at Petunia. Mrs Dursley was keen on making Dudley Rhea's friend.

"And who is this little guy?" Audric asked politely, looking the plump little boy in Petunia's arms.

Petunia brightened—it was clear her son was her pride and joy. "This is Dudley. Come on, dinky-duddikins, say hello to lovely Rhea over here!"

She bent down and let Dudley stand on his stubby feet. He wobbled towards Rhea with his fingers in his mouth, like most babies do. Rhea, who was looking quite distracted like any other child in an adult-filled zone, looked at Dudley with mild interest, wrapping her arms around her mother's legs.

"Shake her hand, dudders," Petunia prompted, looking fondly at her son.

Dudley took out his hand from his mouth and offered it to Rhea, looking quite proud at his action.

Rhea, in true childish fashion, stuck her tongue out in disgust. "Yuck," she whispered under her breath, not reciprocating the action and hugging her mother's leg more tightly, determined on avoiding Dudley's saliva-soaked hand.

"Rhea," Abrielle said, scandalized, though there was an amused glint in her eyes. "Don't be rude!"

Audric turned his laugh into a hacking cough, drawing weird looks from the Dursleys.

Just then, a little boy from Privet Drive, stuck his head out, looking curiously at the visitors. His eyes were a bright shade of emerald green, and he looked extremely skinny. His trousers and shirt were three times too big for him, and they hung off his narrow frame.

Rhea's eyes lit up at the little boy's entrance. "Mama, there." She pointed at the little boy sneaking looks at them from behind the door. "Boy."

"And who's this little boy?" Abrielle cooed, her eyes brightening as she looked upon Harry James Potter.

Petunia and Vernon stiffened, looking weary and panicky.

"This is my nephew," Petunia said smoothly, beckoning for Harry to come out and meet the Arquettes. "The son of my deceased sister."

"I'm so sorry for your loss," Audric said sincerely, but his eyes were on Harry.

"Hi," Rhea grinned, showing off her little teeth with many gaps in between. She didn't really know English all that well, but she did know how to introduce herself. "I Ria!" she pointed at herself to make emphasize her introduction, unable to pronounce her name all that well.

Poor Harry seemed overwhelmed by the attention on him.

Petunia glared discretely at Harry. "This is Harry. Harry Potter."

" 'Arry," Rhea nodded serenely, as though understanding all this very well. She unwrapped her hands from her mother's leg and looked curiously at Harry.

Then, she unclenched her fists and looked at her palm which carried a small toffee.

"Take," she offered, looking at Harry. She normally never shared chocolates, and the fact that she was sharing it with someone she barely knew surprised her parents.