ϟ9: MEMORIESϟ

"Who's there?" said Mrs. Weasley nervously. "Declare yourself!"

"It is I, Dumbledore, bringing Harry."

The door opened at once. There stood Mrs. Weasley, short, plump, and wearing an old green dressing gown. "Harry, dear! Gracious, Albus, you gave me a fright, you said not to expect you before morning!"

"We were lucky," said Dumbledore, ushering Harry over the threshold. "Slughorn proved much more persuadable than I had expected. Harry's doing, of course."

Mrs Weasley smiled at Harry, but he could tell she wasn't overly fond of Slughorn.

"I assume Miss Arquette is asleep?" Dumbledore began.

Mrs. Weasley pursed her lips, knowing exactly what Dumbledore was hinting, and said hesitatingly, "She is, Albus. She is tired—"

"I'm afraid it is important, Molly"

Mrs. Weasley sighed and began protectively, "I want her to get a full night's sleep, Albus—"

"No need, Mrs. Weasley, I'm up." cut in a smooth voice.

Rhea stood, leaning against the wall. Her hair was tied back in a knot, and her nightclothes hung off her frame. There were dark circles beneath her eyes, suggesting she still had trouble getting sleep.

That was no surprise, however. She had been like a walking zombie ever since the Dark Mark was over the Arquette household.

"Hello, Rhea, dear," Dumbledore said, turning towards her and smiling. The-said witch forced a smile at him, and turned to Harry.

Harry hurried forward and hugged her, which she returned rather stiffly. Pulling back slightly, he examined Rhea. For the first time, she didn't meet his eyes.

Suddenly, she narrowed her eyes, and whipped towards Dumbledore, sensing a tingling feeling in her. He shifted and merely looked at Rhea. Mrs. Weasley didn't miss the movement of his hand towards his wand.

"I merely wanted to talk to you about the funeral, my dear." Albus stated calmly upon Rhea's questioning gaze.

Rhea looked at him suspiciously. "It's over," she muttered stiffly. "There's nothing to talk about."

Dumbledore hesitated, and conceded, "If you insist."

Rhea met the Headmaster's eyes and protested defiantly, "I'm fine, Professor. I'm not made of glass."

Dumbledore chuckled and remarked. "An old man's mistake, my dear."

The legilimens witch gave him a tight smile, and Albus turned to leave.

"Well, I shall see you at Hogwarts, Harry and Rhea," said Dumbledore. "Take care of yourselves. Molly, your servant."

He made Mrs. Weasley a bow and left the household, apparating himself away.

Of course, Mrs. Weasley, Harry and Rhea never knew he had placed a spell on Rhea that would remove her Legilimency ability for the entire year.

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

*═══╗