ϟ89: FADING THINGSϟ

Two days after Sirius announced the news of his new relationship with his motorbike, Remus found himself sitting in James's room at Potter Manor. He and Peter were having yet another sleepover in Potter Manor, and the past 48 hours had been quite chaotic. 

(Aunt Mia had nearly scalped Sirius for going alone to muggle London, James had kicked him in the shins for not bringing him along while Peter had jokingly remarked that for a disowned teen, Sirius was pretty rich)

Then, after everyone had calmed down, Sirius had pestered them to give him some names for his precious beauty. James had suggested "Silent Defier" (Sirius brutally told him that it was lame), Peter had insisted that "Hurricane" would be nice (Sirius rolled his eyes at that), Remus had snidely recommended the name "Dogstar" (Sirius blatantly ignored him).

Luna had been very eager to share her inputs: Umgubular Slashkilter, Aquavirius, Dabberblimps were a few names she'd suggested.  

Sirius had then kindly told her that it was unsafe for her to name things henceforth, to which she'd responded with a 'Regulus said the same thing, but I simply fail to see the point.'

Lily didn't have any suggestions to give (mainly because she couldn't be bothered to rack her brains for a name Sirius would most likely reject), while Rhea had eagerly asked Sirius if the name 'Thanatos' would suffice, seeing as Thanatos was the God who carried people off to the Underworld in Greek mythology, which, Rhea claimed, was cool.

But Sirius had paid no heed to her words, and had picked a name from a movie  that was released in 1968. The movie revolved around a car which could fly around to magical places, and incidentally, his motorbike could fly too. The car in the movie was called 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang'.

So when Sirius had told them he'd name his motorbike the same, James, Rhea and Peter tackled him to the ground, annoyed that he'd wasted two hours of their time only to choose a childish name for his motorbike. 

"Remus, son? Are you in there?"

Remus jumped from his bed and raced to the door upon hearing Uncle Monty's voice. Currently, James, Sirius and Peter were on dishwashing duty as punishment because they'd almost burnt down the kitchen whilst making cookies. 

"Hey, Monty." Remus yanked open the door win a flustered smile, leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed. "What happened?"

"I was just searching for Rhea." Monty replied smoothly, discretely looking into the room for any sign of a human. "I've been searching for her all over."

"Oh." Remus replied, confused. "She must be with Luna. Or she's waiting to wreak havoc and blaming it on James and Sirius."

Uncle Monty chuckled, nodding at Remus. "That sounds like her. I'll check the kitchen again. G'night, Remus."

"Night, Monty." Remus smiled, looking at Monty's retreating figure. Once his werewolf senses picked up on Monty's descending footsteps, he closed the door, locking it with a click. 

"You're a nice liar. Who would've thought?"

Remus rolled his eyes at the voice, crossing his arms as he glared at Rhea, who slid out from underneath the bed. She grinned at him and sat crosslegged on the bed, taking a book at random and opening it. 

"Monty would've skinned me alive if he'd seen you." Remus hissed, clucking his tongue. "What made you climb through the damn window, Rhea?"

"The motivation to see you." She replied innocently, stifling a laugh at Remus's expression. "What? It's a crime to spend some time with you now, is it? Put me in Azkaban, why don't you?"