ϟ38: WELL, CRAPϟ

"I still can't believe you two didn't give me the Map. I'm your brother, for Merlin's pants' sake!"

"Leave Merlin's pants out of this, Ronald."

Fred, George, Harry, Ron, Hermione and Rhea were sitting at the Gryffindor table. It had been a week since Sirius had escaped from the dementor's kiss, and a week since they had time travelled to save him and Buckbeak. 

"How did you figure out how it works, though?" Hermione asked curiously, looking at Fred and George.

The twins looked at each other with a grin. They didn't really know who the real makers of the Map were, and frankly, Hermione thought it best not to tell them until Sirius was declared innocent.

"Well, it took a while for the map to trust us—"

"Trust you?" Ron asked, bewildered. "What d'you mean, trust?"

"It could think for itself," Harry replied knowingly. "It knew Snape couldn't be trusted, so it insulted him. Very entertainingly so."

The six of them laughed, and Rhea said, "So... you proved to the Map you were really up to no good? How?"

George grinned. "Well, we were in our dorms, planning a prank on Filch for giving us detention in our first year—"

"A lousy detention at that, mind you—"

"—and the Map was on the table, but little did we know it was listening too—"

"—And Mr Moony began writing his suggestions on the Map." Fred said, grinning wildly. "It freaked us out for a moment, sure, but our gullible, innocent selves—"

Everyone snorted at that.

"—believed the Map, and once we pranked Filch, we told the Map about it." Fred continued, shrugging.

"Mr Padfoot was the one who gave us the first clue—he specifically asked us if we were up to no good."

"He was being a little too obvious," Fred admitted, shrugging carelessly. "But I guess we needed that."

"And how did you find out the 'solemnly wear part'?" Ron asked eagerly.

"Mr Prongs asked us, 'do you solemnly swear you are mischief makers?'. And he even wrote the 'solemnly swear' in quite large letters."

Harry grinned slightly, looking quite entertained by his father's reply to the twins.

"So that's how you carried on the Marauders' legacy." Rhea concluded as she smiled slightly.

The twins puffed their chests out in pride. "That we did."

"And still do," Hermione added, grinning happily.

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

"I cannot believe I got into detention the very thirteenth day!"

Rhea and Sirius were in the trophy room, polishing the trophies—without magic. As part of punishment.

Rhea hated getting detentions!

"Relax," Sirius drawled lazily, sitting on the floor with his legs stretched out as he leaned against the wall. "It's not something overly bad..."

Rhea glowered dangerously at him. "Shut your bloody mouth, Sirius!" she snapped, glaring at him whilst he just looked at her bemusedly. "You aren't the one who's cleaning!"