ϟ30: SUMMERϟ

"I told you we should never have watched this."

Rhea and Harry were sitting in the Arquette Manor's living room, staring at the TV with teary expressions.

The Lion King was released in 1994, but they couldn't watch it since they were busy preparing for the Quidditch World Cup. 

It had been a week or two since their fifth year had ended. A month since Sirius had died. Harry was not coping well—his green eyes had lost their shine, he rarely smiled, he rarely made any sarcastic comebacks. Talking to him was like talking to a robot—he was that emotionless. It killed Rhea to see her best friend like this.

Mufasa's death hit them a lot harder, especially since Sirius' death was still pretty fresh in their minds.

Simba was now trying to make Mufasa get up, convinced his father was just fast asleep. Just like how Harry was convinced Sirius would come out of the veil any moment.

"Enough." Rhea finally decided, and switched the TV off. The room was eerily quiet, and Rhea tried her best to stifle her sniffles.

"Hey," Rhea said quietly. "I've heard Firewhiskey can cheer people up. Want to try some?"

Maybe it wasn't the best idea, but she couldn't stand seeing Harry so sad.

Harry hesitated. They weren't strictly of drinking age, but Sirius' death made him more reckless than ever. Finally he nodded, and the two crept into the kitchen.

Rhea opened the fridge as quietly as she could, and Harry looked around the kitchen wearily, checking if Rhea's parents were around.

Just as Rhea pulled a bottle of Firewhiskey, a voice interrupted them.

"And just what do you think you're doing?"

Rhea and Harry flinched, and turned around guiltily to face Audric and Abrielle Arquette standing in the doorway with their arms crossed.

"I thought I told you to be on the lookout." Rhea muttered to Harry.

"Harry," Abrielle said softly. "Come with me."

"And you're with me." Audric said grimly.

"What?" Rhea whined. "Why does Harry get mum?"

Before she could reply, he smirked fondly at her and said, "Guess I'm the favourite child."

Abrielle and Harry left the kitchen, leaving Rhea to stand there with her mouth agape.

"Sit down." Audric ordered, and Rhea timidly sat on the chair.

"You're not of drinking age, Rhea—"

"I know!" Rhea interrupted him. "But Harry was so sad... I wanted to cheer him up!"

Audric sighed. "It's a bad idea to drink just to forget about the reality."

Rhea pouted. "Harry deserves to forget at least for a few hours."

Audric looked at her gently. "I wish it was that easy. But life's not easy, is it?"

Rhea crossed her arms grumpily and stared at the Firewhiskey bottle in front of her.

"Tell you what," Audric said suddenly. "Once you and Harry get your O.W.L results, the three of us shall drink Firewhiskey."

"Really?" Rhea perked up.

"Really." Audric smiled. "The first time you drink, it's got to be on a joyous occasion, not a somber one."