Necklace

"What do you mean you can bend platinum? That's impossible even I couldn't!" She huffs walking with you down to your room to get ready for the night, you had insisted that you weren't up for any celebration especially with your sister in the chair. The poison had seemed to affect her the worse and had some bad side effects but for yourself you seemed somewhat alright- well physically that was.

You stop thinking back at the fight with Zaheer and focus on the girl beside you. "Oh maybe I'm just a better earth bender than you" you tease opening the door to your room with a chuckle at her hard expression.

"Ohhh really? You know even I can see your head getting bigger" she spoke dryly plopping herself on the bed as you look through your drawers for something to wear.

"Hey Tophie don't fret, it's my turn to be your teacher" you smirked not bothering to look back at the bed as you picked out a suit.

"I like that sound of that" she mumbles under her breath and you snap your attention to the girl surprised. "Ahem anyway- you can hear" she smiles changing the subject as you start to put of the clothing, not bothered by the earth benders presence in the room her feet weren't even placed on the floor at this point.

"Yes I can" you smirk hearing her whisper underneath her breathe, she blushes moving her head to the side. "Hey I'm ready but do I really have to go? I don't want to say goodbye" you frowned finishing of your tie with a groan of sadness.

"You know it's not all that, Asami said that Korra worked hard on this, it couldn't have been easy but I think she's staying strong for you before you know" she explained making sure that her own feelings were not showing; herself feeling like she had to say strong infront of you as you dealt with the remaining memories from two weeks ago. You still had bad nightmares and your anxiety was higher than ever almost losing yourself and your sister in the process. Everyone started to get more worried and having heard that you stopped sleeping altogether Korra wanted to do something nice for you.

It was hard on both of you but the toll on Korra was just more physically punishing and you really felt for her.

"She shouldn't have to" you explained running your hand through your hair before you were ready to leave the room. Toph forces a smile and connects your hands together as she guilds you down towards a air bending hall type room. "Okay I think I'm ready" you muttered standing tall at the closed door infront awaiting to be opened by you. You took a big breath in before opening the doors with a soft push.

You didn't even get to admire the decorations before the room erupted into a echo of cheer "HAPPY BIRTHDAY Y/N AND KORRA!"

You released the breath without groaning at the surprise. You really did hate birthday parties especially your own. You forced a smile and scanned the room for your twin, she sat there in the chair with her girlfriend behind as they smiled widely waiting for your reaction. "Wow!" You cringed internally at the surprise but seeing her in her position you pretended to love it all. You cleared your throat as everyone seemed to wait for some sort of speech from you, they could only notice your rub your tired almost blood shot eyes as the light seemed to get brighter. You winced "oh okay well thanks everyone- I'm guessing this was Korras idea.. well I love it, aha let's partyyy!" You cheered waiting until all eyes were of you, you frowned quickly glancing back at Toph who entertained herself with her nails behind you. You groaned seeing from the corner of your eye that Korra and Asami where approaching. Okay it's show time you thought placing a smile on your face.

"Hey, do you like it?" Korra asked but it was anywhere but gleeful, she wasn't great at hiding her true emotions but it wasn't really the place nor time to talk about what had happened. Last time you did she had felt like she had let you down, giving in so easily to the avatar state while you stayed strong for the both of you, I mean it wasn't an easy task.

"Yeah it's perfect, thanks sis" you smiled gratefully at the girl seeing her return her attention back to her lap, Asami smiled sadly seeing the younger girl fall into a silence.

"Hey well we got you a present" Asami exclaimed noticing the oncoming silence that would have came of it wasn't for her. She pulls a bag from the chairs arm and extend it over to you.

You pull the object from the bag and they both look at you waiting for some reaction at the small canvas painting of you and Korra, it seemed like a familiar day- ah when you both arrived in the city, Pema bugged you to take a picture with your sister in front of the temple so that you could send it back home. You both looked so happy especially Korra who was filled with so much hope, you remembered Korra wanting to be a strong avatar, powerful, headstrong but not this broken girl Infront of you now. You smiled weakly placing it back into the bag and looking down at the present Korra scarred and in a wheelchair. "Um thank you" you whispered holding back a tear as you pull a small box from your jacket. "This is from me" you hand it over and she unwraps it quickly looking back up with confusion.

"No" she said almost robotically but still shocked and utterly confused at the gift.

"Yes" you pushed chuckling slightly as she took the necklace from the box.

"No" she breathed again and Toph took her chance to turn down the music as instructed by you earlier. Your father smiles from across the room and starts to tear up knowing exactly what was coming next.

"Yes- I mean It technically doesn't come from me, I made it though but Asami wanted me to gift it to you" you explained keeping your eyes at your sister who holds the necklace in her hands.

"I'm confused" she pressed running her fingers through it's design, the watertribe style logo but the small waves looked like little cogs of machinery in their place followed by a red ribbon.

"Turn around" the room fell into silence as the girl did what she was told and she gasps seeing Asami smile from her knees as she looks straight towards her girlfriend. You smile "you told me that I you wouldn't marry anyone without my blessing- a twin code so to speak but Korra here it is, happy birthday" you explained watching Asami glup as Korra watched her unable to know how she was going to react.

"This isn't happening, is it?" She says letting a small tear escape her eye as she focuses back at her girlfriend with a wide smile.

"Oh it's happening, I'm already starting to tear up" Asami chuckles as the crowd awes. "I didn't think I would be such a mess. Anyway this is it- I fell for you, hard. but when I knew I couldn't help but know that was the moment that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you! I know we haven't been together for a long time or even worked the steps towards a happy ever after but.. when I'm with you Korra I just know that- we will. I don't want ever hide how I feel about you- when I thought I lost you I felt myself fall apart- I don't think I could ever see myself with someone other than the girl in front of me right now, so Korra will you marry me?" When Asami finishes her eyes are completely red from her tears as she melts at Korras touch as her hand cups Asamis cheek and wipes the tears away before she glances back at you who nods watching them both cry happily. She gazes back at the older girl with glistening eyes and nods unable to speak before pressing forwards and taking her lips in her own.

The room fills with a echo of clapping and soon after there lips depart and Asami is placing the necklace around your sisters neck with the biggest smile you had ever seen from her. Bolin is a mess and is basically hugging his knees on a chair as he watched the proposal, his shirt was now soaked in his tears and his brother rubbed his back in support but Bolin continued fussing over the two girls and Mako groaned leaving him to cry in joy alone. Tenzins children were basically bouncing down in excitement and your father started crying- loudly causing a snigger from the crowd around him as he look at his daughter. You shook your head before finding your own girlfriend in the crowd.

"Hey, looking for me?" She smirks as you spin around facing your little earth bender. She has her arms clasped behind her back as she watches you with faux confidence. You raised a brow at her somewhat uncomfortably. She chuckles blushing "come with me, I have a present for you but it's Um- rather... personal"