Capture

You awake taking your time to take in the room around you. You could hear a engine and you instantly knew you were on some sort of airship. You jumped up in shock but your vision becomes blurry as someone steps through the door. You lift yourself back on the makeshift bed with a groan.

"What are you doing?" Toph scowls rushing to your side as she helps you back onto the bed in a sitting position.

"What happened?" You asked your memory proving to be unreliable. You inorged her hand on your shoulder as she breathed in. Giving you the chance to see a couple of straches here and there on her body.

"We were nearly captured, you know my officers told me what you did?... thank you" she smiled weakly causing you to remember the large amount of electricity that coursed through your body.

"It's not a problem, I'm glad we're out" you mumbled looking out of the window sadly. She let go of your shoulder and shuffled about before leaving your side on the bed.

You could tell she wanted to stay something so you watched her patiently before she did. "My metalbenders are on their way to Amon, and it's all my fault, I shouldn't have put you all in danger. I'm sorry y/n. Tarrlok's right, I failed as Chief maybe I am just a blind 19 woman. First thing in the morning, I'm handing in my resignation." She sighed weakly turning away as she sniffles quietly in the direction of the window.

You got up urgently rushing to her side. "No! You can't give up like this. It's not your fault Toph" you sighed leaning your hand on her shoulder and spinning her to look at you.

"I'm not giving up." She huffs but the small tears didn't prove her point. You quickly wiped them away with the pad of your thumb as she continued. "I'm going to find my officers and take Amon down. But I'm going to do it my way, outside the law."

"And you're not doing it alone" you whispered taking her into a hug. She tensed at first but sank into your embrace wrapping her arms around your back.

—-
You all arrived home but everyone seemed so tired so Tenzin let Asami and Toph stay on the island you said your goodbyes before walking in the other direction to the male dormitories.

You woke up early to meet pema in the kitchen. You let out a large yawn after not getting too much sleep last night. She chuckles "good morning to you too, y/n. Oh your friend is in the garden"

You thread your brows together until you realise that she must of ment Toph. You Scrambled out the kitchen with a knowing Pema watching you escape through the door into the garden she spoke of.

You scanned around until you gaze landed on Toph. "Hey" you called out slightly scaring her as she turns around to face you. You could see the wounds healing on her face but you could tell that no one had seen to them and you were sure she would insisted she was fine. She had dark circles under her eyes from her lack of sleep and she looked stressed.

"Hi" she forced out bowing her head towards her feet.

"You know you should get someone to look at those?" You smiled shyly lifting her face up with your finger so you could see her face again.

Her whole body seemed to freeze under your touch as you glided your finger over the cuts earning a hiss from the small woman. "Well if you stoped poking them they wouldn't hurt dum dum" she growled pushing your hand away.

"I could heal them you know. I'm just trying to help" you whispered softly, looking across the grass to where the flowers where growing.

"You're a healer?" She asked suprised.

"The best- well expect Katara of course but I was merely her student" you waved your hand dismissively looking back over to the girl.

She seems to think for a moment before speaking up. "Well if you wanna"