bloodbending

"So what do we do?!" Toph yelled not bothering to care about her tone. The girl was in pieces right now still clinging to your hand as Kya held you in hers, you were once again dead to the world. The wound very much still oozing out your red warm liquid, most of it soaking into poor Kyas clothes who tries not to grimace in such a occasion.

Bolin burst through the temples door into the make shift healer hut with his brother catching Tophs words he held his ears. "Calm down Toph... or not, you know you do you" after seeing the pure anger and seriousness on the small metal bender he whispered and ducked behind Mako shaking still seeing the hellish glare he was receiving from the blind girl.

"Bolin quiet" Korra cut him off leaving Toph to relax a bit but very much still felt like her heart was tearing itself into two.

And then there was Korra who was on edge, hiding her heavy emotions as she focuses on her breath. In and out. In and out.

"Yes ma'am"

Kya placed you down softly onto the edge of the pool of water. A scatter of jugs about but Kya wasn't sure if she should place you into the water with that much blood lost. Katara, korra and Kya circled your body as Toph freaked out with the others. "He managed to bloodbend some of the blood back into his body but by the looks it's a messy job especially under so much pressure" katara explained inspecting closely at your wound.

"He's going to be okay though right??" Toph screamed begging everyone just to give her answers and it didn't help with not being able to see, the girl just kept imagining the worse.

"I don't know only time does" katara explained softly, she seemed to be the only one that hadn't snapped yet and continued to stay calm so she could help you.

"Let me and mum do what we do okay" Kya said ignoring her blood stained clothes and instead looked at the small broken girl that never once let go of you.

Before Korra could shoo them all away, katara grabs her arm stopping her from taking another foot forward. "Actually I was thinking Korra could help"

This only made Toph worry more and shot her focus into the direction of the healers. "Why do you need so many people ?"

"It's going to be fine stop worrrying, Asami?" Kya nodded gesturing her head over to Toph still clinging on for dear life.

Asami smiled weakly telling herself mentally not to look down to your body knowing that it would only cause her to burst out crying too. "On it. Hey Toph let's take a walk" Asami had to pull the stubborn girl from your grip finally making her give up.

"Fine, you want me gone, I'm gone" and then she stomped away but she didn't go further than the outside door, still frustrated that she couldn't help you herself.

"I feel so terrible" katara mentions watching as Asami runs after a very distraught Toph.

Kya kneels down and looks up towards her mother. "Mum, it's going to be okay, y/ns strong"

"Very" Korra muttered under her ragged breath. Remember Korra in and out.

"Call us when he wakes up" Mako said taking his brother and leaving the healers to their job.

"Korra!" Your mother calls bursting through the doors with your father close by. They push themselves past the brothers but Korra shoots up throwing her arms out to stop them from coming any closer.

"you gotta leave, now"

"But-.."

"Okay, come on Senna. Korra take care of your brother" Tonraq convinces your mother to leave with a bit more force than intended as she begged to stay by her sons side.

Korra watches them in distress knowing that she could break down at any moment she forces her eyes away to focus on saving you. "Okay what do we need to do?"

"I need you to use the healing water with Kya follow closely" Katara explained.

"What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to have to bloodbend" her voice seemed to wobble at her own revelation showing how much the older woman despised the power.

Kya jumps up onto her feet "You made it illegal so people could do this, you would be breaking your own law"

Katara lets out a rugged sigh, it's not that she wanted to do this, she was sure she didn't even know how to anymore. "Well i don't know what you want me to do? If I don't he'll die"

"I think we have no choice" Korra states quickly, wanting to act fast before it was completely too late to save you.

"There's always another choice" Kya states suddenly but it's about then she notices how stained her clothes really are that makes her face soften up at such a suggestion.

"Yes and letting him die isn't one, do it Katara!" Korra commanded finding herself on the verge of tears.

"No one needs to know just help me" katara frowns but the look in her eye seems to beg out for forgiveness.

"Fine"

"Just be ready with the water" You laid there absolutely still with your eyes shut. Katara kneels down placing her ear to where your heart would be below your skin but she was met with empty silence.

Tears started to form in Korras eyes as she notices the uncomfortable silence that radiated from the older woman. "What are you waiting for?" She snapped.

Katara sighed pulling her water out from the pool and held it over Your chest, the others taking it and swaying it across your skin trying desperately to pump the breath back into your lungs.

After multiple times katara returned to lay her ear against your chest, begging in her mind and under her breath to let You wake up but even she was losing hope.

But then started to hear the faintest of heartbeats like a small ripple in the water and sighed in relief pushing herself from your chest still on her knees as the other two press healing water to strengthen the heartbeat.

She continued to hesitate longer wishing that the healing water would be enough but even a master herself couldn't do such magic.

But finally Katara stepped into a stable stance and focused her bending on your heart. She could feel the tiny water molecules in your blood but it was useless without running through your veins so she Bends the blood through them.

Kya watches in worry and Korra one in amazement at such a truly powerful gift.

Then You start to breath again and your body starts to adjust slowly above the stained tiles.