Welcome to the city

"Wait I know this was my idea but korra are you sure this is what you want to do?" You ask as her expression hardens.

Without a response Korra goes into Naga's pen and makes a beeline for her saddle. Just as she's fixing the straps on Naga, you attach your bag to Naga leaving your polar bear dog asleep. You are both interrupted. Your bodily cringes and turns towards the shuffling of someone shoes that belong to the one and only master Katara. It was hard to miss even if one of your ears worked and the other didn't.

"Nice night for an escape, isn't it? Y/n? Wow This isn't something I expected from you"

You bow your head, you pulled at your deaf ear as a habit of anxiousness. "I'm sorry katara" you mumbled fixing your eyes to your shoes.

"This isn't his fault but can't you see katara. We have to leave. I have to find my own path as one of the Avatars. I haven't mastered air and without it we can't do this"  korra explained waving her arms about as she released her frustration.

"I know you do. Aang's time has passed. My brother and many of my friends are gone. It's time for you and your generation to take on the responsibility of keeping peace and balance in the world. But I think you're going to be a great Avatar-both of you. You keep her safe" katara smiled nudging you to smile back as you lifted your head in relief. She was letting you both go.

"Thank you." Both you and korra said in unison causing katara to let out a chuckle. She had been use to you both saying stuff in sync since you were both little.

"Goodbye, Korra. Goodbye y/n"

Korra leads the way. There was someone else you had to stop off for.

Your eyes focused as you both trudged through the snow coming to your family home. Your parents already standing outside in the night, hugging eachother for warmth, as warm light from inside casing their figures across the snow. You smiled- they knew this was going to happen.

"Mom, Dad. I'll miss you." Korra spoke first jumping into the hug. You smiled softly wrapping your arms around them all.

"We love you two so much." Your mother places a kiss above your forehead as you dad hits your shoulder as a goodbye for now but what suprised you was a small tear forming in his eye as he watched you both move towards the polar bear dog.

You boost yourself up on to Naga, sitting behind your sister. You both watch as your parents fall out of view but you see Korra's gaze lingers on them for a little longer before she turns herself away.

A full moon hangs in the partly cloudy sky as you and your sister throw yourself a onto a cargo ship. Korra huffs settling her arms behind her head, leaning against a already sleeping Naga. You smiled, they must of been exhausted you thought watching them cuddle up from the cold.

You didn't sleep but watched as the horizon took on the twilight of an impending dawn. You nudged korra as the ship whines and groans under your feet.

"Hey were here!" You grinned, korra rubs her eyes and then springs to her feet joining you at the door.

The sunlight outside seems to burn its way into the gloomy cargo hold causing you to squint your eyes at it's brightness. "Shall we?"

You both hoped onto Naga before she flew past the men like a white blur. You both chuckled. "Thanks for the ride!"

You started to feel sick as Naga raced down a dockside along what look to be rail or trolly lines. Electrical lines crisscross the docks. You hadn't seen much of the city but it surprised you. "This is way different from home" you spoke out not to anyone in particular.