The words

You follow the corridor in Zaofu as guards patrol the area landing your gaze on a guest house. You knock quietly hoping she would let you in. "Who is it?" She calls out.

You open the door stepping in with opal beside you. You smile politely even though you knew full well she didn't see it. "Hey. It's me. I brought someone who wants to talk to you."

"Yeah who?" She asked.

"Oh yeah, hey it's me opal" she smiled sitting across from Toph on the opposite couch with a worried expression.

"You want to talk? Then talk." She huffs as she crosses her arms protectively over her chest. You slip quietly onto the arm of the sofa and watch opal gulp.

"I'm sorry being here has been so hard for you. When you showed up, I was so excited to get my sister back. So, I guess I was kind of sad when you didn't want it back" she huffs bowing her head as the tears leave her eyes. You watch Toph who is unresponsive and Opal just sighs continuing. "Believe me, I know that our family can be a little crazy and overwhelming sometimes, I know you think mum and dad treat you like a child and I'm sorry about that but..." Opal clasps her hands together in front of her chest in a hopeful posture "I would love it so much if you would be a part of it again like old times"

Toph tensed up gritting her teeth "Get out."

You look at a shocked Opal "Sorry, did I say something wrong?" You glare at Toph who bares her teeth and shouts at Opal "Get out!"

Tears form in the younger girls eyes and she turns away, allowing the tears to fall. The poor girl ignores You and runs out of the room. "What's your problem? Don't get mad at Opal, I asked her to talk to you because I thought it would help you snap out of whatever funk you're in. And I guess I was wrong"

Toph stands up and faces your direction as she digs her nails into the palm of her hand. She had a fearful expression as she looked at you coldly. "Why don't you focus on fixing the World and stop trying to fix my family! Why do you feel the need to butt in? Huh I told you not to!!" She yelled stepping towards you threatening and poking your chest with her finger pushing you.

You push her finger away angrily "maybe I wanted to help you Toph! But your too mad at everyone to see that I'm just trying to make things better! People out there love you and your just blowing up in their faces and now mine, I honestly don't know who I fell in love with!!" You quickly covered you mouth not expecting yourself to say that aloud and Toph just looks shocked as she processed the information.

But you don't give her time to reply, you turn and leaves the room, slamming the door shut with a large slam and you run away with tears falling freely from your eyes

——-

You woke up early the next morning mostly because you couldn't sleep your own words swirling through your mind as you stared at the ceiling the rest of the night. Korra had heard sniffling from your room and wouldn't leave you alone through the night so she slept close in your bed like you would do when you were little and Korra would have nightmares. You didn't tell her what happened but just cried as she helped you calm down.

It was now morning as a flock of doves fly past and you and Korra walk towards the dining room hand in hand. The metal petals of each flower gradually open up, allowing sunlight into the city and you squint your eyes at its brightness before entering the dining room in the house.

You sit down and it wasn't long until Mako spoke up "Hey, has anyone seen Chief Bei Fong?"

You cringe sitting down next to Korra who scrapes a bit of her food onto her spoon and passes it to you trying to get you to eat. The others notice and raise a brow as you push it away not being hungry and Korra sighed in anger "She's probably off sulking in her room."