(Ha 69) Return

"Toph!" You basically screamed seeing her hop of the ferry and wonder closer towards the temple where you were waiting on the slope for her arrival. You jumped up quickly giving yourself whiplash momentarily but you were just happy to see the woman in one piece.

"Babe, You're crushing me." She struggles to speak as you squeeze her into a bear hug never wanting to let go of her even if she was only gone for two hours.

You moved back apologetically but hit her shoulder. "Good you scared the shit outta me." You huffed waiting for her to explain herself.

She doesn't even bother to react to the hit and grabs your hands instead cupping them in her own, your hands were freezing waiting up in the evening breeze but the girls were warm against your icy skin "It's okay, he's at the station"

"You didn't-."

She shook her head and sighed. "No I didn't but it doesn't mean I don't get a little fun getting him to confess and the look on his face when I told him you were still alive" she smiled weakly finding a small sliver lining in the situation.

"Yeah that's going to come with a lot of questions." You muttered. Even the best healers in the whole world couldn't do such a miracle.

"What happened in there?" She asked softly.

"Hard to say but with healing like this I have to say that a friend broke a pretty big promise." You explained, it didn't take much to notice that with healing like this Katara had to do something drastic but it goes unknown by the metal bender.

"Huh?"

You let out a dry chuckle "Don't worry about it, I'm just glad we're okay." You whispered as your lips came into contact with her pale forehead leaving a small peck.

"Always." She smiled resting her forehead on yours as you studied her delicate features of her face as the woman was in the dark.

You stayed like that for a moment before slowly moving back despite your own Will to stay with her forever. "I gotta change and see my parents."

"Oh do you want me to come with you?"

"No. Got to do this on my own." You smiled weakly not wanting to see your parents but it was better to get it over and done with.

"Okay, well good luck." She chirped giving you one last hug before she walks you to the temple door where you part, each of you going in another direction than the other.

You're trying to find your room through the darkened temple corridor but footprints make you spin around catching Katara walking down with her head bowed. "Katara"

She looks up with a smile halting in front of you. "y/n"

You took another look around the twists and bends of the dim corridors before leaning in with a whisper. "You blood bent" you spoke matter of factly not in spite nor hate but worry, katara had always been ashamed of the power.

The blood rushes from her face but she doesn't lose her smile even if it felt force. "I did what I had to do to save you, Avatar."

"You could get into a lot of trouble" you stated watching the older woman with worry. You weren't going to let your friend get in trouble for your mistakes.

She shook her head softly with a small sigh leaving her lips. "Don't worry okay, I accept my actions but it doesn't mean it was wrong."

"Well thank you, it couldn't have been easy."

"Just look after yourself." And with that she took of again.

"Will do." You called after her before finally getting to your own room.

You coughed opening up the dusty untouched room that had been left behind for three years. Your clothes were still scattered about the room, your bed was made which you were sure you didn't do and the curtains were shut removing the light from the room. You patted the small table to pick up a candle lighting it aflame with your bending, allowing the room to flood with light, looking around you felt a small pang in your chest. Maybe leaving wasn't the best idea, you felt like you had abandoned your family.

But you don't get to think for long because the door swings open nearly ripping the wooden door from the hinges. Korra bursts through in frenzy having see your light candle from under the small gap from outside. You jump nervously at her unwelcome invite. "Korra what the fuck?!" You rested a hand against your chest, feeling your heart beating harshly against it.

"Sorry i didn't mean to scare you anyway I wanted to come with you you know- with mum and dad. I know this is all my fault and I've made it difficult .. I'm sorry but can't you see you're hurting yourself?" You raise a brow at such a thought. You had been hurting for a long time even when such emotions were hollowed out, you became a empty shell.

"I'm fine, I promise." You interjected before her rambling came too much but the look on her face showed no indication that she was going to let it drop.