Mr. Sato

It is night in Republic City and you and Toph are walking aimlessly through the city. Korra and the others left heading over to Asamis home but you didn't feel like going so instead you stuck to a awkward silence walk with the earth bender. "I'm sorry about Amon I know how much it means to want to capture him." Toph smiles sympathetically walking beside you as your shoulders brush.

"It's fine, we'll have other opportunities" you smiled softly, looking towards the moon as it reappeared from behind a black cloud hung in the sky.

You heard a run somewhere around you and acted quickly keeping your guard up as they got closer definitely coming in your direction. Toph noticed you haulting. "Is everything alright, y/n?" She asked finding your shoulder.

You hushed her feeling the foot fall get closer through the dark streets, the flicking lights didn't offer any support at seeing the person. Their breathes were harsh against the wind and they were closer now. Only one- you noticed. You got into a fighting stance waiting for the person to emerge from the dark. Pushing Toph slightly behind you so she wouldn't be in the cross fire.

You were about to attack. "It's only me!" Korra was now in view as she threw her hands up letting you release the breath you were holding.

You let your hands fall to your side. "You scared me! I thought you were with the others." You asked raising a brow while noticing her shaky appearance.

She takes in a deep breath as she calms her self down. Using her legs for support she hangs her arms on them and coughs. "I was but we have a problem. We need Tenzin, Toph you too."

——

You see the Metalbender airship floating lazily above the city. As you wait for Tenzins arrival. Korra quickly explains what she heard at the mansion.

Tenzin raises a brow towards Korra. "So you think Mr. Sato manufactured those gloves for the Equalists, then framed Cabbage Corp?"

"I'm sorry what?" You ask turning to Korra as she sighed softly leaning against the wall.

"I'm sorry Korra. That's a bold accusation, what proof do you have?" Toph added crossing her arms as she conversed with you all.

Korra struggles for a moment. "Well I don't exactly have proof, but I know what I heard. Sato's up to something."

Toph lets her arms fall back to her side. "He does have the means... and he has a motive." She explained.

You turn to her. "How do you mean. What is it?" You ask hoping that either one of them would fill in the missing information.

"Twelve years ago, the Agni Kai Triad robbed Sato's mansion. A firebender killed Sato's wife during the break-in." Tenzin explained making Korra frown.

Korra was sorrowful. "That's terrible."

Tenzin then continued his tone gentle. "It was tragic. It's possible he's been harboring anti-bending sentiment all this time."

Toph placed her hands on her hips. "Maybe we should look at Mr. Sato a little more closely." She suggested taking off to where you assumed was his home.

You look towards the doors of the Sato mansion. You stayed close beside Toph and the others as they are opened by the butler, whose eyes widen and face falls at the sight of the off your visit.

You instantly notice Mako and Asami coming down the stairs in the background. Toph, Tenzin, and Korra walk in with determination and you follow closely behind.

As you pass Mako and Asami on the staircase's first landing. A Surprised Mako grabs Korra by the shoulder, making her stop her movements. You slipped past them following Tenzin and Toph.