To the south pole

"Hey Toph theres someone you haven't met yet" you explain helping her around to the back of the house. She could only feel so much vibrations with the ground but it kept getting covered in snow.

She goes pale looking nervous as you approach them closer. She holds her breath as she gets attacked by Nala licking her face and pulling her down into her grip where she tries to play with the earthbender. You pat Nala "now Nala be careful" you warn as she looks at you almost knowing what you mean as Toph shoots back on to her feet with a laugh holding her hand out to stroke the polar bear dog. "That was mean, water sprout" she fake pouted hugging Nala.

"Eh you loved it" you grinned softly watching her hug the dog.
Someone clears their throat behind you and you and Toph turn around to your father. Who seems to be ready to go on a trip. You look at him with a raised brow. "Korra's going with Unalaq" he huffs gesturing you to follow. You help Both Toph and Nala out of the pen, taking two fluffy coats from the house and passing the green one over to Toph and you wore the traditional blue water tribe one with its symbol before you and Toph jump on Nala and follow your father.

You bring Nala to a stop and Toph releases her tight grip from your waist. Your father stops in front of your uncle and sister. "Tonraq, what do you want?" He groans looking at the arrival of your small team.

"I heard you're taking Korra to the South Pole. I'm coming."

"Absolutely not. You're a distraction to Korra and a hindrance to what needs to be done." He replies quickly.

You jump from Nala quickly to face him. "I'll come too then but I want my father to come too" you crossed your arms looking towards korra who sighs.

Korra who riding on Naga with Mako looks at you both. "why do you two always think you know what's best for me?"

Unalaq pipes up talking about your father. "Because he's misguided. The sad truth is it's men like your father who have put the Spirit World out of balance. He's ignored my warnings in the past and hasn't learned since."

You let your face fall in confusion "What happened in the past?"

"It doesn't matter. What matters is The Everstorm. Amassive blizzard that's battered the South Pole for decades." You father turns back to Unalaq. "I'm coming, unless you think you can stop me."

You turn back to Nala. "Yeah us too!"

Korra huffs. "Dad, come if you want. Just don't interfere with my training." You smile watching as
Korra and Mako ride out. You jump back onto Nala after seeing Toph sat where you left her in her puffy green jacket. You take the reins, moving one of your hands back to place Tophs arms back around your waist.

"Ahah yeah forgot about that" she laughed forcefully, locking her fingers together as you set off.

It wasn't such a long journey and Nala seemed to be full of energy and continued to push through the harsh winds. You see Korra and Unalaq reach the top of a small hill waiting for the rest of you. You pull up beside Korra. "So once we get to the South Pole, then what happens?" Korra asks looking towards your uncle for answers.

"You will open an ancient spirit portal."

"I'm sorry, what now?" You ask quickly watching Korras face turn to yours In shock. "My sister is doing what?"

"At the South Pole, there is a portal that connects our world to the Spirit World but it has long been closed."

"And that's why the evil spirits are attacking?" Korra Asked questionably turning back to give unalaq her attention. 

"There are no "evil spirits". There is light and dark in them all. But when they're unbalanced, the darkness takes over. If you can open the portal in time, balance will be restored."