Festival

It was 6 weeks later since you faced Amon everything seemed back to normal- Toph was back as chief and you were helping out around the island, teaching Korra bending, having fun with your friends and of course crushing Korra.

You wore a wide smile as you, Korra, Ikki, Jinora, and Meelo all race around on air scooters. You disappear behind a hill for a moment before coming over the top of it, Ikkis the only one ahead , Korra and the others tailing behind you. You rush past Pema who yelps in surprise fumbling with her vegetables.

Korra gets closer to you you race around the airbending gates, making them spin at the force of wind. You see Korra turn to you with a smirk. "Wait is that Toph over there?"

"Aha I'm not falling for that!" You yell turning your head back to the path. You quickly pass through the torii gate and win the race with Bumi waving a checkered flag.

"Avatar y/n is the winner!" He cheers after clearing his throat from the dust. You smirk looking over to Korra and expecting a frown but she has a smirk and wiggles her brows. You raise a brow looking at her in confusion but she clears her throat whilst indicating over to Toph who's leaning against the wall of the temple.

You look at Korra and makes a face that looks like 'huh you weren't lying' before jogging over to the earthbender. "Sup tophie" you smile brightly hearing her chuckle and push herself from the wall.

"You know I'm gunnu have to kill you one day if you carry on?" She grins nudging by you as she heads to the docks.

"Well I know how much that would break your heart so I'm gunnu say... no" you laugh watching as the boat closed in to the temple. "So how's it going with your new partner huh?" You take a look over to Korra who's with her now boyfriend Mako. Who joined Toph's force.

"He's good, infuriating but still good, yah know I offered you the same job" she reminds you, keeping her head low as she did.

You sighed. You thought about it of course it would be fun but you had different duties to do and you couldn't just commit to the police force. "You know I can't just do that"

She chuckles coming to the end of the pier where everyone is waiting for to go to the festival. "Yeah avatar blah blah stuff"!"

"So Toph are you ready to de-police-a-fi?" You asked excitedly taking her bag for her up to the ship while offering your arm for her to loop around so you could help her around the boat. You see that everyone is now on and enjoying themselves as the sun started to set.

"Oh yeah, I'd like to see you try?" She grinned taking a seat against the safety rails of the boat. You both fall in to a comfortable silence, yourself looking at the stars and trying to find a way to explain them to Toph.

You wave towards you parents as you see them take Korra into hug while Mako stands behind Korra. You watch over seeing your fathers hard glare at Mako. You chuckle making sure Toph knew were she was going first.

"You remember Mako." Korra smiles.

Mako offers a hand shake and you smirk. "Sir."

You see your dad crossing his arms sternly. "I hope you're not getting my daughter into any more trouble up in the city."

Mako struggles with his words as he looks to You, Korra and Toph for help. "Uh, no. I, uh--no."

"Knock it off, Dad." Korra slaps his arm gently making it fall.
Tonraq chuckles and grabs Mako's hand, shaking it heartily but he still seems to disapprove of the guy.

Suddenly he notices your arrival. "Here he is, my little boy!" Tonraq grabs your arm pulling you into his embrace. He smiles ruffling up your hair as he releases you. You look over to your mum falling into her embrace too.