08 | Remember

***

***

A/N: Short chapter.

Im Hanbin

Before the stranger can say anything, I already dragged Jen out of that place.

I had a firm grip on her wrist and I kept my eyes upfront as we walked back to the building.

"Hanbin?" I heard her call from behind me.

She probably noticed that I was a bit tense as we walked back to the hospital, I took a deep breath and my grip on her wrist began to loosen.

We stopped at the side of the hallway and I turned around to face her.

"Hanbin?" She asked again. "Are you okay? You look tense."

I shook my head, "I'm fine, I was just nervous about that stranger who kept talking to you."

"It's okay," She said. "But that was a bit rude you know, she 2as still going to say something."

"And what?" My voice suddenly raised in volume. "You're just going to listen to every word she says just because she said she recognizes you?"

I saw her frown at what I said, "She said she knows me."

Knowing that I might go overboard and we would start arguing out here in public where everyone would see and hear us.

"Look, I'm sorry, okay?" I apologized and gave her a guilty look. "I was just trying to look out for you since there's no proof that she would know you."

Jen looked convinced by this and only nodded.

"Let's go back to the room, yeah?" She nods again. "Granny is probably awake by now and she's probably hungry from the long ride from the town."

The two of us walked back to granny's room in silence, there wasn't any awkward tension between us but the silence was a bit overwhelming.

I didn't try to start a conversation before I worsened the situation.

The only reason I had to drag her out of there was because I was making sure that she was safe.

I didn't mean any harm. We're here in the city now and there are a lot of people who do, I'm just making sure that she's safe and she shouldn't believe everything that anybody says.

Everyone around her doesn't care about her like I do. They're just going to hurt her if I don't do anything about it.

Jen is the type of person who trusts people easily and who believes whatever they have to say. Especially now that she's forgotten everything from her life, she would believe everything just to find her real family.

I want to help her, I really do, but she's making it hard for me to do that when she's constantly bringing danger into her life.

We finally arrived at granny's room and walked inside to see my grandmother still fast asleep on her bed.