11 | I'm sorry

***

***

Jen

"What was that all about?" Hanbin's voice broke the silence.

The six men dragged the stranger away from our table and out of the cafeteria.

My eyes were still locked on the double doors, "I don't know."

The stranger just suddenly walked up to us and called me by a name that was almost the same as mine. I may not know him but by the way he was looking at me, his eyes were glistening with glee.

"Do you..." I trailed off. "Do you think he really knows me?"

Hanbin shrugged in response, "Well, considering the fact that a lot of people recognized you as someone they knew, there is a possibility."

My eyes widened, "Should I go talk to him then?"

"They're probably gone by now," Hanbin said. "But I can help you find him and we both can talk to him, just to make sure you're safe."

I smiled and felt a warm feeling in my chest, "Thank you, Hanbin."

He smiled back, "Well, I better go, I'm still going to try and find a temporary job near the hospital."

I nodded as the two of us stood up from the table and walked out of the cafeteria.

"You can go walk around while I'm gone," He told me. "Granny already ate her breakfast and she's just taking a nap."

As we separated our ways, I decided to make my way down a different hallway, away from the hospital rooms and go to my favorite place in the hospital.

The garden.

I've fallen in love with its design and how the plants and decorations compliments each other.

There aren't many people around, probably because it's still a bit too early for them to be out and about in the cold morning .

I pulled my cardigan tighter around me as a cold breeze passed by. By now, I'm pretty familiar with the ins and outs of the garden after spending almost the whole day yesterday when Hanbin and I took granny outside for some fresh air.

This is nice. A great change of pace, Hanbin was right, coming to the city would increase my chances of finding my real family.

Not that I'm not happy with granny and Hanbin, of course I am. I owe them my life for bringing me to the hospital after finding me unconscious by the shore.

They became my family for the past year and nothing can describe the gratitude that I have for the two of them. They welcomed me in their home with open arms and treated me as their own blood.

Even though I may not remember who I really am, I made beautiful and memorable memories with them.

Then, a thought came to me.