15 | Yoongi

***

***

A/N: Short chapter. And I mean really short.

3rd person

"Jimin," Yoongi's voice echoed in the silence.

Only the buzzing and small noises of insects can be heard. Birds chirping also echoed from behind them. The silence was so noticeable that they could hear the birds flapping their wings.

The said man realized what he just did, "I— sorry."

Jen gave him a reassuring smile, "That's okay."

The others gave her worried and concerned looks. Deciding not to talk about it.

"I'm sorry," Jimin kept apologizing. "I shouldn't have made you uncomfortable."

Jen shook her head, "It's fine, Jimin, you only wanted to help. I know you didn't mean any harm."

The man gave her a grateful smile in return.

"Now that that's settled," Jisoo clapped, earning everyone's attention. "How about we share our most favorite moments and memories together to maybe help Jen?"

Their faces all lit up in excitement.

"Oh!" Jungkook exclaimed. "I have one."

"The stage is yours."

Jungkook grinned and sent a quick glance to Taehyung. The other was quick to realize what he was going to say.

"Before Jennie disappeared, our Taehyungie here was —" But he was interrupted when Taehyung immediately placed his hand on Jungkook's mouth.

"Yah!" Chaeyoung whined. "We wanna hear what he has to say!"

"Exactly!" The others agreed.

Taehyung glared at the younger, "I thought you promised not to say anything about that?"

While the others were too busy and distracted yelling and laughing at each other, Jen's gaze turned to the other person who's suspiciously quiet in the group.

Yoongi was surprisingly looking back at her. She doesn't want to get her hopes up but Jen had a feeling that he had been staring at her for a while now.

Not the creepy kind of stare.

More like he was staring at her with admiration. Yoongi was looking at her like she's the center of attention.

At least she's Yoongi's center of attention.

"Can we... talk?" He mouthed the words.

Fortunately, Jen was able to decipher what he was trying to tell her without raising any suspicions.

She nodded and they slowly stood up from their seats and walked away from the group.

Surprisingly, their friends didn't seem to notice them leave the patio except for one person.

A small smile formed on Mira's face when she saw Yoongi and Jen walking away at the corner of her eye.

Experiencing blindness for a while, her senses heightens and even when she finally got her eyesight back, her reflexes have improved and so did her sensitivity.

Out of curiosity, Taehyung glanced at his girlfriend.

"Why are you smiling like that?" He asked her. "You look creepy."

He earned a smack on the shoulder and Mira glared at him, "Nothing."

Out of nowhere, Lisa tried to look for the two. Looking left and right to see where her sister and Yoongi went.

"Huh? Where did they go?"

Successfully walking away from the group undetected — almost — and they stopped at one of the benches under a tree.

"Wanna take a seat?" He asked her.

With a smile, Jen took a seat right next to Yoongi as a sigh of relief came from the both of them.

Away from the prying eyes of their friends.

"You wanted to talk to me?" She finally asked.

Yoongi gave her a small smile, "I just... wanted to apologize for what Jimin said earlier."

"Well, you shouldn't."

He looked at her, "But I do. I want to help you remember your memories but I don't want to force you into anything."

"What do you mean?" She asked. "Is it because of what you told me when we first met?"

He didn't say anything but she took this as an answer.

"It was all my fault," He told her, tears threatening to form in his eyes. "I caused all of this mess."

Jen's gaze softened and she looked at him with a sympathetic look.

"Can you tell me what happened?" She asked.

But, Yoongi shook his head and Jen was somewhat surprised by his response, confused because of it.

"I..." Yoongi was trying to find the right words. "I want to tell you but I can't. I don't want to scare you away and it will probably just confuse you even more."

"Why?" Jen was determined to hear an explanation.

He sighed, "Because what happened to you is my fault. I — people exploited my feelings for you to hurt you and I don't want you to go through that again."

"So what?" She asked. "You're willing to sacrifice your feelings for me?"

Without even batting an eye, Yoongi nodded almost immediately and without hesitation.

"Yes, absolutely."

Jen felt a tug in her heart, "Why? Why would you do that for me?"

The man huffed and turned his body to properly face Jen. He closed his eyes for a split second and stared back at hers.

Suddenly, a small remnant of her memories flooded her system.

"Min Yoongi."

"Yes?" The man asked.

"You're good now, we'll call your family then we can talk about when you can go home."

Then, she was back to reality when Yoongi gently held her hands into his. As if asking for her attention, she gave him a nod in response.

"Because I didn't get to sacrifice something in my life when I got the chance," He answered. "I regretted that decision and I promised myself to use everything in my power to protect you."

Feeling emotional, Jen clasped her fingers with Yoongi's.

"I'm sorry," She told him with a frown. "You're here suffering because of me. Because I couldn't remember a single thing."

He gave her a smile.

"It's okay, I'll wait, even for a lifetime. I will always be waiting for you."