18 | Gangster

***

***

3rd person

The following night, it was Hanbin's turn to watch over his grandmother. This was one of the only times that he was given a day off, to give his body some time to rest and relax because he usually takes night shifts.

He got two jobs in two different restaurants to earn as much money as he can to provide for him and Jen. It was a good thing that the hospital is already paying for his grandmother's necessities, then he just needs to worry about Jen.

His job was not that bad at all, probably even better than all the other jobs that he got back in their little old town and at the neighboring areas. He even got three times the usual pay he always gets whenever he finds work back home.

If his grandmother needed to stay longer in the city, he will probably have enough time to earn and keep enough money to buy all of her medication and to keep food on their table for at least two months.

Hanbin is used to experiencing hard work. Trying to make a living for his grandmother meant that he had to find numerous amounts of jobs and his determination would always pay off. This meant that he had already tried each and every type of job available in their area just to take care of his grandmother.

This time is different. Jobs in the city are much different from what he is used to back in his hometown. Trying to balance two very busy, physically and mentally exhausting jobs is pretty hard. But he keeps reminding himself of the reason why he was doing this in the first place.

He needs to do this for his family.

For the people he cares about.

For his grandmother and for Jen.

Speaking of the young woman, Hanbin's attention switched from the loud television to Jen who was walking out of the bathroom all layered up.

He looked outside the window and saw the sun setting. Hanbin found it odd for Jen to be planning on taking a walk out in the garden after the sun already began setting. He even had to turn the lights on in the room as it was starting to get dark.

"Where are you going?" Hanbin asked her.

The young woman began gently brushing up her hair with a hair tie in between her lips as she stared at the large mirror on the wall.

"It's already starting to get dark," Hanbin's grandmother spoke after waking up from her nap. "I think it would be best... If you wait until tomorrow to take a walk outside. It's dangerous for... young ladies like you to be... out and about the streets at night."

Her condition, just like the doctor said, had gotten worse. It was a good thing that she is still able to wake up with the little strength left in her wrinkled body to eat whenever her meals are delivered since she needs all the nutritions that she can get.