13 | Family

***

***

A/N: I'm really sorry if the chapters are getting shorter for some of the following chapters.

Also, I have no knowledge about medical stuff so let's just see where this takes me.

3rd person

"Hm? Where are you going, Jen?"

Hanbin just got back after taking a short walk in the garden by himself when Jen didn't join him.

The young woman was dressed up for the day and was carefully putting on his shoes to not wake up the old woman who is fast asleep on her bed.

"Oh, right, I forgot to tell you," Jen said. "The Kim's are trying to help me remember my memories and they wanted me to visit their home."

Hanbin's brow rose in confusion, "Today? But what about granny? Who's going to look after her while we're both gone?"

"Don't worry," She told him and stood up from her seat after she finished putting on her shoes.

"Jaerin said she'll look after granny while we're both gone."

"But—"

Jen sighed, "It'll only be for today. I can just run back here if Jaerin needs me to."

She glanced at him and waited for his reaction. Hanbin still looked unconvinced, making her frown.

She stepped closer towards him and took his hand into hers.

"Look, I know I promised that I'll always take care of granny," Jen began. "But, can you please just give me this one day?"

Hanbin sighed.

"You said you'll help me find my real family," She continued. "And I already have them, but I need my memories back as well."

Yesterday, with some persuasion, Mr. and Mrs. Kim wanted to show Jen that they really are her real family by doing some blood test work.

"The results will only take a few minutes," Mrs. Kim told Jen after she took the vial of blood to the lab.

The Kim family sits silently in Jennie's old office for privacy after they convinced her to let them take a blood test to prove to her that they really are her family.

The silence was comfortable but there is still some tension between them.

"You really think I'm your daughter?" Jen asked.

Mr. Kim nodded, "We do, it's not just because you resemble our Jennie, but you actually look exactly like her, you can see for yourself."

The man pointed at the group of picture frames on the office table and on the walls.

They were pictures of Jennie and her family, the four Kim sisters, and even by herself.

Jen couldn't help but be in awe at the splitting resemblance that she has with Jennie Kim. Her heart is beating so fast, all the evidence leads to the fact that she is their missing daughter.