19 | Dangerous

***

***

3rd person

All eyes are now on the man who just interrupted them.

Jen's eyes widened and her heart almost made a somersault in her chest. A sudden rush of relief washed over her the moment she laid her eyes on him. The adrenaline was still coursing through her veins as a tear finally fell down her pale cheek. Her body stopped trying to escape, too focused on whatever was happening in front of her.

"Min Yoongi?" The men gasped at the sight of the said man.

"Yoongi," His name rolled out of her lips even though she knew that he won't even hear her because of the hand on her mouth.

Still, she wanted to say his name. She wants to say it out loud, to the top of her lungs to make sure that he can hear her. Jen doesn't know why but she has this itching feeling creeping under her skin to call out to him like he's the missing piece of her unfinished story.

But she knew, Jen knew, that he wouldn't be able to hear her from where he was standing and because of the hand on her mouth. It was disappointing, but she was happy that he's here to save her.

Then, before Yoongi could say another word, his eyes suddenly met hers.

'And when he looked at me, I swear I can't breathe.'

Jen's heartbeat quickened, the organ pounding heavily in her chest like it was going to explode. It was as if Yoongi could hear everything that she's saying even though it may only be through a small whisper or from her muffled voice.

Destiny works in many ways.

His eyes, Jen sighed the moment she saw those pairs of eyes. His eyes were filled with worry and concern, she could see that, but they were also gentle. Brown orbs sparkling from the only lamp post near them. Then, the moment he looked back to the men having her captive, his eyes changed in a blink of an eye. The once gentle gaze turned into a somewhat animalistic look filled with bloodlust.

If looks could kill, they'd all be dead in a matter of seconds.

"I said let her go," Yoongi repeated his words, he stood in front of them with confidence with his hands hidden in his pockets.

The man who was probably their leader and the one who was talking to Jen earlier let out a small chuckle as he walked towards Yoongi. He was somewhat shorter than Yoongi, but his men were a lot taller than the two.

Still, anyone who has been to the underground or has interacted with anyone in the underground knows who to fear and who not to fear. In this situation, this is the right to to really think about who you're talking to.

"You don't scare us," He told Yoongi. "You're always so cocky. Acting like everyone needs to bow down to you, but without your members, you're nothing compared to us."