09 | Amnesia

***

***

Kim Lisa

"Lisa? Are you okay?" I heard Jaerin unnie's voice behind me as she closed the door of the room.

There was silence in the hallway, only echoes of footsteps and muffled voices from the end of the hall can be heard and nothing else.

With a clipboard on one hand and my eyes on the marble floor, I took tiny steps, forcing myself to move as my body seemed to be staying still.

"Lisa?" I heard her Jaerin unnie's voice again.

Still, I didn't respond to her, scared that I might start sobbing right in the middle of the hallway if I open my mouth and the tears forming will fall down my cheeks.

My lips began to quiver and hands curled into fists as I tried to hold in my sobs and tears.

Then, I felt a hand on my shoulder but I didn't bother turning around to look back at her.

"Let's go," Jaerin unnie said.

Without uttering a single word, I followed behind her as we walked back to the lounge room where I am sure that my sisters are waiting for me as our shifts end.

She's alive.

My sister - our sister is alive but she has no idea who I am nor what I am to her.

After a whole year of searching for her, I hoped that when they do find our sister, they'd find a living being and not a dead body.

Now that she was standing right in front of me, I couldn't even hug her because she couldn't remember me nor recognize me.

What happened?

I wanted to pull her into a tight embrace but I knew that she would just push me away because I am a stranger to her.

Also, there was a man standing right behind her staring at me like I was going to take her away or something.

He seemed close with my sister by the way they talked and interacted to each other. I wonder what their relationship is?

I'm sure Yoongi won't like this once he hears what I'm about to say.

My heart ached again at the thought of telling the others what Jaerin unnie and I had seen and heard.

They probably won't even believe that our missing sister is alive. 

Explaining to them Jennie unnie's situation would be a problem and a hassle because I am sure that they will have a lot of questions.

We already found her but she can't even remember us.

There was a tiny uncomfortable silence between the two of us as we made our way to the lounge room but I didn't bother and just ignored it.

We arrived at the lounge room where my sisters were waiting for me.