13. Humans and Familiarity

It's a strange concept - humans and their dependency on Familiarity.

Suppose you have to go somewhere, and you aren't familiar with the route, you're skeptical and stressed at the thought of journeying.

You look visibly tensed as you drive and find your way to the destination but if you come across a familiar road you didn't know fell in the journey, one can see that we feel relaxed.

There's this strange comfort and satisfaction familiarity brings.

Apply the same to life, sometimes in order to reach where you want so badly, you have to traverse from roads you aren't familiar and that scares you at the beginning but as you go ahead, you'll come across some familiar turns relieving you.

The thought of travelling through an unknown route is scary, but you've to take up one in order to reach where you want or where you're destined to reach.

You won't grow if you don't let yourself past the unfamiliarity, if you're so dependent on familiarity you wouldn't be here.

You know why?

If you'd been seeking Familiarity always, you'd never leave your safe home, parent's embrace and go to school, study and grow up. Although you didn't like it at the beginning all alone but as you got familiar, it's one of the best phase of your life.

Similarly you didn't like the idea of leaving your old friends and making new ones in College, but you'd to graduate, and then similarly at work, you'd to become familiar, you'd to expand your circle for marriage, accept new unfamiliar people in your lives, you'd to change jobs/houses/cities and the change doesn't do well.

But you've to let the dependency on Familiarity go, familiar poeple and things aren't always going to be there to comfort you.

You've to traverse through life and grow, which will only happen if you trust yourself with unfamiliarity  saying "You've done it, and you can do this!"

So the next time, life turns on an unfamiliar/unknown route, tighten your seatbelt and journey ahead without any hesitation because "Boss! You got this."

A/N - Feedback? I know it's not on HOPE, but the other topics of this book are PAIN AND ENDURANCE TOO.

So we're enduring the unfamiliarity here :)