7. I RISE?

I LAY DOWN defeated resting my palm over the chest,
Feeling the heart that's broken into a million pieces already.

I shiver recalling horrid details, my vision getting blurred,
Breath falling short while I call out a 'Name' with whom lies my only cure and remedy.

A familiar voice rings in my ears, distant memory coming over, soothing me.
"If you know Allah, you wouldn't have any problems in Life" and
That causes my sadness to wither and demise.

"Hand over your affairs to Him,
Trust me none can avenge as Al Muntaqim"
There goes my worries, replaced by my faith.
Empowered by feeling the strength that lies with Him, I RISE.
- Miss.Moody

Al - Muntaqim - The Avenger.
One of Allah's beautiful names which reassures us - Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala said : "That Day, Allah will pay them in full their deserved recompense, and they will know that it is Allah who is the perfect in justice."
(Qur'an 24: 25)

Written based on a true incident.

P.S -  In lockdown, I was avoiding any kind of news, which triggered me to overthink and fall in a dark pit. But sometimes you just can't avoid it and one day during Ramadan I ended up reading a piece on what happened in Kashmir, So that day - as I went to bed, only those details I read and images I saw were flashing and robbing me of peace and hope making me wince and cry at the injustice in the world when all of sudden this happened. (Poetry above) - it helped me, and I pray it does to you too whenever the atrocities of this world pulls you down, I pray you rise above with your faith.