Chapter 9

PUBLISHED 3/16/15

Cameron's POV

I keep walking, and thinking. My phone starts ringing. I check the caller I.D. Liam.

I turn off my phone, and put it in my back pocket. I keep walking down the street.

I feel a hot breath on my neck. "We, hello there," says a male voice, probably a little older than me. He wraps his arms around me, so I can't move my arms.

"Get the fuck away from me," I say, as frightening as I can, trying to keep the fear out of my voice.

He chuckles at me. "What are going to do about it?" he asks, with amusement lacing his voice. I can picture him smirking.

"Rice!" yells another guy, infront of us, walking closer. "Leave the girl alone, before a beat your fucking ass."

"Why?" asks 'Rice'. "I bet she wants me."

"Pervert," I say.

"What was that, babe?" asks 'Rice'. "You do?"

"Leave me alone, you sick bastard," I say, louder, stomping on his foot.

"Ow," he says, sarcastically.

The other guy, punches 'Rice' in the face. "Get your ass out of here, before I do much worse." 'Rice' walks away, mad. The other guy turns to look at me. "That's Chris. He's a real dick, so just stay away from him."

"Thanks for that," I say, really looking at him for the first time.

He has blonde hair. His gorgeous green eyes are clouded with... pain, and sadness.

"What's wrong?" I ask him, looking at him, not breaking eye contact.

"Me?" he asks, taken back by the question, looking away. "Nothing."

"What's your name?" I ask.

"Logan," he says. "Yours?"

"Cameron," I say. "Why are you sad?"

"What makes you think I'm sad?" he asks, putting on a fake smile.

"Your smile is fake. I know one, when I see one," I say. "And your eyes. If you look at them, you can see your sad, and in pain. Not many people can tell. I'm just a great people reader."

"What about you?" he asks. "Why are you sad?"

"Because," I say. "I thought I knew some people, but, I didn't."

I turn, and continue walking in the direction I was previously going. He catches up, and walks next to me. "What do you mean?" he asks.

"Well, I trusted people, who I shouldn't of," I say. "It's life, really."

"How old are you?" he asks.

"17," I say. "You?"

"18," he says. "Where are you heading?"

"Anywhere but 'home'," I say, putting air quotes around home.

"Why?" he asks.

"Aren't you persistent?" I ask.

"Eh," he says. "What school do you go to?"

"Eh," I say, to answer his question. "You?"

"WildFox High School," he says.

"Oh," I say. "Do you know where a train station is?"

"Train station?" asks Logan. "You're leaving?"

"Ya," I say. "Leaving."

"I don't think you should leave," he says. "You should talk it out."

"Thanks, Wise One, but I honestly need to move to Australia, and change my name," I say.

"C'mon," he pushes. "It can't possibly be that bad."

"Well, you've never met them, so I totally understand your thoughts," I say.

"My family is crazy, too," he says. We pass by a couple of stores.

"Crazy, or screwed up?" I ask. "Anyway, they're not my family. Do you know where the train station is?"

"I'll tell you," he says. "But, you have to call your family."

"They're not my family!" I say, getting mad. "Anyway, thanks for all your help, but if you don't want to tell me, I'll figure it out myself."

I look around, taking note of my surroundings. I see a Starbucks. I start walking towards it. I walk in, and see the barista. I walk over to her. "Do you know where the train station is?" I ask.

She looks up from her phone. A wave of shock, then realization passes over her face. "Cameron?" she asks.

I examine her features for a minute. Long, shiny, golden brown hair. Blue, bright eyes, with flickers of gold. A gorgeous girl, a bit older then me. Suddenly, it clicks. "Aria?" I ask. "Oh my God. How have you been?" I ask.

"I've been ok," she says. "Since when are you on this side of London?"

"Since I've gotten adopted," I mumble, loud enough for her to here. "I left. They acted like everyone else. I ran, and brought the things I actually care about."

"Why?" she asks.

"I'm sick of lies," I say. "Have you spoken to your dad?"

"I would probably stab him, before any words," she says.

"Aria?" I ask. "Do you know where the train station is?"

"Why don't you stay at my place for a few days?" she asks. "Then decide if you leave."

"I couldn't," I say. "Please, just tell me where it is."

"I'll tell you in three days, of you stay at my place," she states, as her final offer.

"Fine," I agree. "Only because I've missed you. What time do you get off?"

"I'm getting off right now," she says. "Marissa! I'm leaving!"

"K!" yells another voice.

Aria hangs up her apron. I turn around, waiting for her. I see Logan, standing in front of me, towering over me. He hands me a piece if paper. "Call me sometime," he says. He turns around, and walks away.

Aria comes up beside me. "Was that The Logan Mead?" she asks

"That kid talking to me?" I ask. She nods, rapidly. "I just know his name was Logan."

"That's Logan Mead," she says, emphasizing his name. "Him, and his mate, Troy, are the two most popular lads in school."

"Troy... Benson?" I ask.

"Don't tell me you know him, too!" she says, her excitement shining through.

"One of my bestfriends," I say, tauntingly.

"You, bitch," she mumbles. She walks out, me following. "How do you know Logan, anyway? You don't go to WildFox."

"Well, a kid named 'Rice' tried to fucking rape me, Logan came along, punched him, here we are," I say.

"Chris?" she asks. "That duck."

"Duck?" I ask. "He's a duck. Quack! Quack!"

"Ya, keep making fun of me," she says. "Anyway, we're here." We walk into an apartment building. We walk through the lobby. I follow Aria to the elevator. We go in, and she presses a button. We ride up, until it dings. We walk through the hallway, until she opens a door. "Here we go. You can sleep in the guest room."

She walks down the hallway, and opens a door. I walk in, and put my bag down. "Thank you so, so, much," I say.

"It's not a problem," she says. "I'll leave you to it."

She walks out. I drop my bag on the bed, lay down, and pass out.