Chapter 12

PUBLISHED 3/26/15

A/N

So, guys, first things first. Over 900 reads?! I love you guys. You're awesome! My story wouldn't be a success without all of you. I'm being dead serious. 

You guys rock. Read, Comment, and Vote!

-A

Cameron's POV

 "What I miss?" asks Harry.

I burst out laughing, and Aria follows in suit. "Is the food done?" asks Niall.

"Yeah," says Harry.

Niall zips off, leaving dust. "Leprechaun! Save some food for us," I say.

"You know, Niall-,"

"I know," I say. Everyone starts walking into the kitchen, except Liam and I. Liam sits on the couch, deep in thought. "Knock, knock. Anyone home?"

He jumps a bit, startled. Then he looks at me in the eyes, and I recognize something about his warm eyes that I didn't notice prior. Call me crazy, but I feel like I've known him my whole life. His mouth drops open slightly. He looks like he wants to say something, but then he closes it quickly, as if he were a goldfish.

 "Let's go eat, before Niall finishes it all," he suggests, hurrying up out of the living room as if I'm a disease.

He leaves me there, all alone, mouth agape. What the fuck just happened?

I run into the kitchen after him, and see him sitting down, nose in a plate of chocolate chip pancakes, he's not even eating. He's just pushing them around his plate, deep in thought, again. That boys thoughts are going to consume him.

He reminds me of-

Do you ever have those moments where everything is so confusing, and nothing makes sense? But then, it all snaps together like a puzzle piece?

"Liam James Payne," I whisper to myself. "Liam James Payne!"

"Are you ok, Cameron?" asks Louis. "We all know Liam's middle name."

"I hate you, Liam," I say. "Right after you left, he was killed. Do you know that? You were the only thing keeping him in at least a close to sane state of mind."

He looks up, realizing what I just said. Aria snaps the puzzle together to, from what she knows from when her family adopted me. "James Snow," she mumbles.

"Who's James Snow?" asks Harry.

3rd Person POV

Cameron knew Liam, long before any of the boys knew him. Cameron, Clyde, and James were all very close. Until that one day.

James was always one to play with the younger twins. They all did everything together. But then, all of a sudden, James became distant and quiet. He would sit in his room all day, put his headphones in, and blast his music. It all started suddenly.

Cameron and Clyde were upset about their brother, but thought nothing much of it, until he just left.

The twins were devastated about it. The twins didn't know what was going on-they just knew they weren't going to see James again. He vanished without a trace.

That was the time when their dad started abusing them, and their mom. Their mom wanted to leave, and take her remaining kids. But, not everything goes as planned. Cameron, Clyde, and James should know that best.

 Their control-freak dad found out about their moms little plan, and had to kill her off, so she wouldn't tell the authorities, and get him arrested. But, as I had said prior, things don't always go as planned.

Cameron was a little spy. She listened to her parents' long arguments, and her moms, long, murdered cries. She knew they were mad at each other, and that her mom was devising a plan to get herself and her children out of the predicament.

James was long gone, no one has heard from him in about a year, about as long as the abuse.

The twins' dad put sleeping pills in the kids' drinks, so they wouldn't wake up to hear or see him kill their mom. Cameron wouldn't drink it, because milk gave her a stomachache, and Clyde just didn't like it.

Geoff, their dad, wanted to keep the kids out of it, but they witnessed it. So, the man killed their mom, then aimed the gun at the children, and pulled the trigger. Clyde pushed Cameron behind him, and she started running up the stairs. Clyde was following, but then a gunshot rang out.

The bullet ended up in the ten-year old boys' thigh. Cameron felt incredibly guilty, and she goes on a guilt trip everyday, in her twins' memory. She doesn't miss a beat, when it comes to him.

But, she's suddenly not so sure he's dead. I mean isn't it kind of weird even the hospital didn't know? The medical records, blank? That's incredibly suspicious.

Cameron doesn't only blame herself, though. She also blames James, her second sibling, the third member of what used to be their trio. They were TheThree Musketeers. James kept him sane. Then, James left, and so did Geoff's sanity.

 James left to pursue his singing career, leaving the twins behind. Everyone now knows James Snow, as Liam James Payne. Not James Snow. No-he left that behind with his twin brother and sister.

Cameron's POV

"Are we missing something?" asks Harry, cautiously.

"How long have you known that I was her?" I ask. He doesn't say anything.

I have silent tears running down my face. "I had my suspicions. But for the most part, since he came here," he whispers, a lone tear running down his cheek.

"You know what?" I ask. "I thought I've already felt the worst torture and abuse and pain there was, but I was wrong. Wrong by a lot. This is the worst. All of this. Knowing you knew who I was, and just left me clueless? Liam, let me ask you one question. Do you know where Clyde is?"

"I know," he whispers. "You guys were separated because someone else adopted him."

"Who told you that load of shit?" I ask.

"What do you mean?" he asks. "That's what happened. Don't you think I feel bad?"

"I hope you feel worse," I say. "Clyde-Dead. Mom-Dead."

He looks up at me. "What?" he asks his voice cracking. "How did they...?"

"That sick bastard," I say. "As soon as you left, his sanity did, too. Abused us, all three of us. We were going to leave. Somehow, he figured it out. He killed Mom, so she wouldn't leave, and tell Police."

"No," he whisper. "NO!"

Liam grabs the lamb next to him. He grabs it so hard, the plug rips out of the wall. He hurls it across the room, clearly pissed. "I hope you had fun, perusing the life of a famous rich boy," I say. "Because, while you were doing this, living a dream, I was living a nightmare."

I run up to my bedroom, and slam my door. I lock it, and since they probably have a key, I pushed the dresser in front of it. I locked my window, so the boys couldn't crawl in.

I walk into the bathroom, and lock the door. I pull off my shirt, so I'm only in a bra. I look at my stomach, and see my 11 cuts. One for each person who's hurt me. 1 for my dad, and two for each families that adopted me-the Mom and Dad.

I grab the razor sitting on the counter. I pull it across my stomach, and it bleeds. I repeat this four more times-one for each boy.

I start running the bath. I strip off my clothes. I slowly lower myself in. I wince at the stinging sensation. I submerge my whole body. I sit there, letting the blood wash off. I sit there for a minutes, letting the blood wash away. I put my hand on my cut, and feel the bleeding stopped. I grab a towel, and climb out of the bath.

I wrap the towel around me, and walk out of the bathroom. I grab a pair of shorts, and a t-shirt. I slip them on, and throw my hair in a sloppy bun. I throw myself on my bed and close my eyes, just thinking.

How screwed up is life?