Chapter 24

PUBLISHED 6/12/15

Clyde's POV

We drove for a good half an hour, and pulled up to a decent size house. I immediately got out, and ran to the front door.

I pounded on it, as if I was a police officer. The door opened to an annoyed looking man with dirty blonde hair and green-gray eyes.

"Can I help you?" he spat.

"Are you the one who-" I started, as I was cut off.

"Who is it?" yelled another man, coming into the open.

He had a cigar hanging from his mouth. He had gray hair, and light brown eyes. I met his eyes, and was about to pounce at him, when I felt my arms being grabbed from behind. I heard Liam whisper into my ear.

"Clyde," he warned, "We've called the police. Don't do anything that can get him out easier."

I nodded, and let my fists drop to my side, and balled them. He chuckled.

"Where's Cameron?" I asked, completely calm.

"Probably dying," he says shrugging, "I mean, it'd be easier. I won't have to kill her myself."

"Lay a finger on her..." I dare.

"I already have," he says, knowing how to get to me, "How's the bullet wound on your thing healing?"

I heard Liam whisper, "Help!" presumably to the other boys, because he knew I was going to rip out this man's throat. His little friend had a phone in his hand, either to call authorities, or back-up.

I knew, deep down, I should've killed him right there. But, I wasn't going to reward him. He deserved to rot in prison. Dying would be a reward.

And if he somehow got out early, I would simply hunt him down, and slit his throat.

Oh! I have a good one! I'll feed him to the apes in Temple Run!

I heard sirens blaring in the distance.

I saw Geoff pull something out of his pocket. It was a gun. There was nothing I could do.

Then, I heard a gunshot. And it all went black.

*****

I woke up in a white room. Completely white. I heard an annoying beeping, and had no clue to as where I was.

I heard a door shut, and I saw a doctor walk in.

"Hello, Clyde," she said, smiling, "You're looking great."

"I am?" I asked, unclear why she was telling me this. I could hardly move. How 'great' was that?

"You only blacked out a few hours ago," she added, "And you might not of woke up."

"What?" I questioned, as a ton of memories hit me at once. I remembered everything. "Who was shot?"

"I don't know," he says wearily, "I shouldn't overwhelm you."

"Who was shot?" I ask, with more authority in my voice.

"Geoff Payne," she says, "He was DATS."

"Who killed him?" I questioned, intrigued.

"When he pulled the gun, she was afraid you would take a second bullet for her," she says, "Are you hungry?"

"No," I say, "Can I see my sister?"

"Sure," she says, smiling, "It's right nextdoor."

I nodded and got out of the bed. She helped me up, as I walked over to Cameron's room, and saw her sleeping. She was sprawled out, sleeping peacefully. She had a cast on her nose, and her jaw looked pretty bad. She ad scratched and cuts all over her arms.

Yet, this was the most calm and relaxed I've ever seen her. She wasn't with him long, yet he did this to her. It was amazing how someone could do it.

I sighed, and sat down on the bottom of her bed. I heard the door open, and Troy sat down next to me.

"Long time no see," he murmured.

"Yeah," I mumbled.

I grabbed Cam's hand, and started rubbing it with the pad of my thumb. She stirred a bit, and her eyes opened.

Then, she just looked at me confused.

"What happened?" she questioned dumbly, "Who are you people?"

"Funny, Cam," said Troy.

"Cam?" asked Cameron, "Who's Cam?"

This time, she looked genuinely confused.

"Cameron, are you alright?" I asked seriously.

"Who are you?" she asked again, "And who's Cameron?"

Cameron's POV

Who were these people? Where was I?Who was I?

The brunette boy pushed a button, and a man in a white coat walked in.

He said some stuff, but I wasn't listening. I was trying to figure anything out.

"So what's the problem?" the man asked.

"She doesn't know who she is!" cries the boy with a brown quiff.

"Amnesia," says the doctor, "Just temporary, due to the trauma. Her mind just wanted to wipe it, and it wiped too much. Just, rehash old memories, and it should come back in hours to months."

"Months?" asks the boy with solid brown hair.

"I'm sorry," he apologized, "If anything weird happens, just bring her back. Should I let the five lads outside in?"

The solid-haired one nods, and the doctor leaves, and is replaced by five boys.

They rush over to me, and start asking me questions.

"How are you feeling?"

"What happened?"

"Are you mad? Sketch out your feelings?"

"Are you alright? Are you hungry?"

"Do you need carrots?"

I just look at them.

"Um... Do I know you?" I ask, "Where's Clyde? Where's Mom? Where's Dad?"

"I'm Clyde," promises the solid-haired boy, "And that's Troy."

"What about Mom and Dad?" I ask.

"They're both dead," says one of the five boys, "You already know that."

"No I don't," I say, "Because they're not."

"Amnesia," says 'Clyde'.

And then, the boy with with the short brown hair and chocolate eyes, cries.