Chapter 27

PUBLISHED 7/6/15

A/N

So, I was looking at the Demographics of the story. It's been read in 17 different countries! 17!

The United States, Canada, South Africa, The United Kingdom, Ireland, The Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, Qatar, Iran, Jordan, Spain, Indonesia, The Philippines, and Australia.

Did I miss you? Comment if I did, so I can add you! 

-A

.

.

Cameron's POV

.

.

I walked out of Starbucks, sipping my hot chocolate.

Here's a summary of what happened with Simon.

He gave me a record deal. No, a two record deal. He also gave me a UK tour, and if I was extremely popular after the first album, we would rewrite the deal. I was debating on whether I would sign or not.

See, there was a catch. I would have to move out to the states. New York City. My fame wasn't to be built off the boys'. I had a week to decide. I had to talk about this with the boys.

I sighed, shaking my head, starting my walk home. My phone buzzed. It was getting late. Clyde was calling. I picked it up.

"Hello?" I questioned.

"Hey," he said, "Are you done?"

"Yeah," I said, "I'm at Starbucks."

"We're on our way," he said.

"It's fine," I assured, "I'll walk."

I hung up, and started my walk home. I cut through the alley. I saw my bedroom window approaching, and jogged. I then saw my rope ladder, and climbed up. I walked downstairs, and saw allt he boys sitting there. It was now 6.

The boys saw me, and everyone bombarded me with questions except Liam.

"Shut up," I begged, "I'll tell you what happened."

That shut them up real quick.

"So, he offered me a two album and UK tour deal," I started.

"That's great," Harry said, as the boys murmured in agreement.

"What's the catch?" Liam asked, noticing my silence.

"I need to move," I said, "To the US. My fame can't be built off of your guys'."

"When do you need to sign the deal by?" asked Lou.

"I have a week," I said quietly.

"I'll give Simon a call," said Liam, "And let him know it's not going to happen."

"What?" I asked.

"You're not moving to the States," Liam said, "That's final."

"Who said you made up my mind?" I asked.

"I did!" he calls.

"That's it!" I say, "Maybe moving to the States is a great idea! It'll make you finally stop bugging me!"

"You're under 18," he says, "You're a minor. You need a legal guardian to sign the contract."

Liam and I turn to Lou at the same time. He looks torn.

"I leave it at this," he says, "Cam, you're almost 18. I'm laving the decision up to you. I'll sign it if you'd like. If you don't want me to, I won't."

Liam starts yelling at him, as I stand there, thinking.

What do I honestly want to do? I don't know what I want to do. I would have to leave the boys. For a while. You know what? Let's sleep on it.

Wordlessly, I went upstairs, and laid on my bed, still in my clothes. Paws laid by me, and I closed my eyes, and fell into a dreamless sleep. 

.

It's best. You'll be able to travel the world, do what you love. And, you'll have freedom.

It's worst! You won't get to see the boys! No boys! And worst, you can't see your boys!

.

I jumped up, and looked around. I was in my bed, and sweating. I got out of bed, and checked the time. 2:30 in the morning.

I walked downstairs, and saw the light on. Liam was sitting at the table. He was staring off into space. I awkwardly coughed, snapping him out of his thoughts. I gestured towards the seat across from him.

We shared an awkward silence, then both started talking at the same time.

"I-" we both said at the same time, "You first."

"Know what?" I ask, "Let's go at the same time. On three."

We counted in unison, "One, two, three."

"I want you to sign the deal," Liam said, as I said, "I don't want to sign the deal."

We both looked at each other quizzically.

"Cam, you're kidding!" he called, "This is your dream. It's what you wanna do. You've been handed the deal of a lifetime! You can't just ignore it!"

"But then I have to leave you guys!" I retaliate, "And Clyde!"

"Don't you dare give up the deal because of us," he says, "I can vouch for everyone of us that we want you to take this deal. It'll be life changing."

"It's complicated, Liam," I say.

"I had to do the same thing," he says, "Why do you think I left? I choose my dream over my family. And in the end, it kind of paid of."

"LIAR!" I screamed in my head, "Mom died, and it 'kind of paid off'?"

"Yeah," I say, "I guess it did."

"Are you going to sign it?" he asks.

"Liam, look me in the eye, and say you want me to sign it," I demand. He looks at my nose, and starts to speak. "My eyes, Liam."

He looks in my eyes, and with a torn expression he starts to speak again, "I want you to sign it."

I nod, and hug him, "I'll swing by his office in the morning."

"I'll take you," he says, "Ready for bed?"

I nod, as we walk up the stairs together, than leaf off into our separate rooms. Then I fall back to sleep, Paws wrapped around my head.