Chapter 23

PUBLISHED 6/7/15

A/N

Ok, so now that this book is kind of out there, I was wondering if anyone could make a new cover. I'm not good at covers. So, if you want to make me a cover, MESSAGE me. It would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

-A

Cameron's POV

I woke up in a sweaty mess. I locket at the clock, and it was 10:21am, and it was adoption day. I heard noise coming from downstairs, and I knew Miss June knew better than to wake me up. I got out of bed, and got dressed.

Who cares if Liam gave up on me? Even if it was for no apparent reason? I can move on, right? RIGHT?

I sighed, and walked to the bathroom to brushed my teeth. I put my stuff in my room, and walked downstairs. Sitting there, I saw... HIM! Him as in Geoff Snow. I immediately cowered back, but he saw me. He pointed at me.

"Her," he said, with a mischievous glint in his eye, and a very sly smile, "I want her."

"Her?" asked Miss June, a little surprised.

"Yes, her," he hissed, "Is that a problem?"

I looked at him. Didn't this place do background checks? If they did a background check on him, there's no way in hell he could adopt.

"Ok," sighed MIss June, "Cameron, this is Ray Chesterfield. He wants to adopt you."

"Ray?" I ask, both of them, "Since when is your name Ray?"

"Excuse me?" he asks.

"Fucking killer," I grumbled, "You're a fucking killer."

Miss June looked horrified, "Is everything alright, Cam? I think you should go pack, if Mr. Chesterfield still wants to adopt you."

"Of course," he says, and puts the pen to the page. He scribbles in a signature, and Miss June dismisses me. I go and pack, hatching a plan to escape.

But why would I escape? Maybe he'll put me out of my misery.

I threw everything in the bag, and walked downstairs, and saw the car outside. Miss June escorted me to the car, and put my bag in the trunk. I got in the passenger seat, as Miss June shut the door. He locked the doors, and took off. I looked at him, and he looked at me deviously.

"Long time, no see," he says, "How's James? Clyde?"

"Fuck off," I grumble.

He looks at me, and i glare back. He drives the car, and in a few minutes, we get to his house. Leaving the doors locked, he grabs my bag, and then grabs me, pulling me by my arm. He unlocks the front door, and throws me in. He throws my bag aside, and walks towards me.

"You're back," he says, "It's been lonely with no one here to beat."

He advanced, and looked me in the eyes. That alone was enough to paralyze me with fear.

I backed up into the wall, as he sent his fist flying at my jaw.

"Why were you back at the orphanage?" he asks, "Did Liam call, telling June to pick you up?"

"How'd you know?" I ask, attempting to ignore my bloody jaw.

"I called, you ignorant, little girl," he says, laughing, "You aren't that bright." He kneed me in the stomach, and I doubled over in pain.

"Why?" I croaked, holding my stomach.

"Because," he exclaimed, "I needed my punching bag back."

I sighed, as he kicked me, and I started coughing blood. He hit me a few more times.

"Go upstairs, to the first bedroom on the left."

In my disoriented state, I walked to where he said, and went into the bathroom.

I examined my wounds. I had a broken nose, not dislocated, but pretty close jaw, a large bruise on my stomach, and cuts and bruises all over. Kind of reminds me of 8 years ago...

Wait! He set Liam up! Liam didn't say any of those things, he did. I sighed, and threw myself on the crudy mattress. I laid there, doing nothing.

I wondered if they would try to find me, or if they would figure I would just come back. Like I could.

I looked around the room, and it was windowless. I tried my door, but it was locked. I gave up, and sat on the floor.

It was hopeless. I was stuck here.

Oh, the joy!

Liam's POV

"Where cold she have gone?" I ask, pacing.

"I don't have a good feeling about this," says Clyde.

"She wouldn't just leave with Amelia here, would she?" asks Harry.

"No," Amelia buts in.

I looked at the pleasant text she sent. How should I know? Why was she so mad at me? What'd I do?

"Maybe she went to a park, or the Orphanage or something," suggests Niall.

"The Orphanage!" calls Clyde, "That's where she went! But something's wrong. Something is very, very wrong."

"Then let's head to the orphanage," says Louis.

"Let's just hope we're not too late.

Clyde's POV (*Dramatic Gasp*)

I got into the car with the guys and Amelia. Liam took off, and we started driving toward the Orphanage. Why she would be there, I don't know. I just know she's there. It's a twin thing.

In a few minutes, we arrive. I run in, forgetting everyone else. I saw a women with blonde hair behind a counter. She looked up at me and smiled.

"Can I help you?" she asks.

"Cameron Snow," I say, "Where is she?"

"I'm not allowed to give you that kind of information," she says. She examines my face, and gasps slightly, "Are you Clyde Snow? As in, her twin?"

"Yes," I say, sighing out.

"With all due respect, aren't you dead?" she asks.

"Forget that," I say, "Where is she?"

"She was adopted," she says.

"When?" I ask, yelling.

"Today, about two hours ago," she says.

"Can I get an address?" I ask.

She looks around nervously, and scribbles an address down.

"Here," she says.

I run outside, and shove the paper in Liam's face.

"Drive," I demand, and we take off.